Assists Driver in delivering customer orders; assists in loading and off-loading product using motorized or non-motorized material handling equipment.
* May deliver customer orders using a company van or pickup truck under 10,000 GVWR. Obtains signed proof of delivery.
* Drives pilot vehicle for oversize loads, ensuring compliance with safety regulations.
High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED) and one (1) year related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Must have a valid driver's license.
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to read and understand maps, routes, road signs
• Excellent customer service skills
• Knowledgeable of escort service regulations
• Knowledge of basic math and measurement skills
• Knowledge of and ability to use motorized and non-motorized material handling equipment
WORK ENVIRONMENT / PHYSICAL ACTIVITY
The work environment and physical activity described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
o Work is performed within a production environment, subject to temperature variations, hazardous chemicals, mechanical parts, increased noise levels and dust.
o Must be able to lift and carry up to 100 pounds frequently and on occasion may be required to lift and carry, with assistance, up to 200 pounds.
o Must be able to physically operate crane equipment (climb up and down into cab or on top of truck and/or load, twist torso for 360 degree visibility, use arms to operate controls, etc.).
Builders FirstSource is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability.
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Builders FirstSource, please call (214) 765-3990 or email: ADA.Accommodation@bldr.com. Please do not send resumes to this email address - it is intended only to be used to request an accommodation in submitting an application for a job opening.
EEO THE LAW - English/Spanish
EEO IS THE LAW - SUPPLEMENT - English/Spanish
Pay Transparency Provision - English/Spanish
- Job Family OPS
- Pay Type Hourly
- Middletown NY Millwork - 30-40 Golf Links Rd (10940), 30 Golf Links Rd, Middletown, New York, United States of America
- Middletown, NY 10940, USA