Manager, Quality Control
Job Description: Provides general oversight, inspections and quality control measures, implemented by SES, for all aspects of a construction project. A Quality Control Manager provides the experience and ability to identify and implement a high standard of project execution and completeness of deliverables to represent SES's work in order to meet and/or
exceed acceptable industry standards resulting in a quality product for our client(s).
Perform Quality Control activities and requirements associated with SES's Federal
Construction Program which provides Job Order Contracting (JOC), Multiple Award Task Order Contract (MATOC), and other military construction (OMA and SRM)
Specific Roles: The position reports directly to a Program Manager and coordinates activities with the Project Manager. A Quality Control Manager will perform the following specific roles:
· Develop and draft project specific Quality Control Plans and all other associated plans.
· Conduct field reviews and inspections of ongoing and completed work to verify competency and accuracy with respect to approved construction methods and applications.
· Work with other company principals and project designers and engineers to develop cost effective design solutions, Create a Submittal Register and work with the PM and DOR to coordinate submittal approvals.
· Monitor Quality Control measures on multiple job sites simultaneously with proper coordination and documentation.
· Development of effective communications and mechanisms for resolving conflicts among the various participants.
· Assist in developing, drafting and enforcing project specific Accident Protection Plan (APP) and Health and Safety Plan (HASP) measures on each project, in conjunction with the Safety Officer.
Responsibilities: The position will have the following general responsibilities:
· Oversee quality control procedures on construction projects from start to finish, including coordination and review of third-party inspections and material testing.
· Work with the Project Manager(s) to create current and relevant quality control measures and project specific requirements.
· Monitor construction activities to ensure that they are moving according to predetermined schedules, while meeting acceptable construction industry standards.
· Assist the Project Manager in preparing and executing Request for Information (RFIs) requests with designers and engineers when field problems and design problems occur to remedy issues quickly and cost effectively.
· Manage and communicate effectively with the Project Managers and Superintendents.
Assist the Project Manager in identifying the elements of project design and construction likely to give rise to disputes and claims, and determining an acceptable resolution.
· Maintain strict adherence to the budgetary guidelines, quality and safety standards.
· Perform and follow the USACE 3 phase inspection process
· Perform field inspections to ensure compliance and quality
· Ensure project documents and deliverables are complete and accurate.
Education/Experience: The ideal candidate will have a 4 year degree and 10 years’ experience.
- Pay Type Salary
- Travel Required Yes
- San Antonio, TX, USA