Sr. Data Analyst*
PetroCard is ‘More than just fuel’, we are the leader in Cardlock, Mobile Fueling and Fuel Distribution solutions. With over 30 years of experience in the petroleum industry, and as a member company under Bristol Bay Industrial (BBI) a subsidiary of the Bristol Bay Native Corporation (BBNC), with strong guidance and financial backing. We’re focused on our community and our team of 100 employees in Washington and Oregon committed to creating a fun and open environment. An environment where the team thinks and act like owners -- working together as a team, understanding the business, the mission, and the direction they are headed in.
Main Duties Responsibilities
Primary responsibilities include building operational dashboards, scorecards, and reports to influence financial and business opportunities. This position will develop reports from the ground up using best practice methods and tools to inform business leaders.
This person will facilitate cross-functional meetings and present findings to the leadership team.
- Develop operational and financial reports to outline performance and business trends
- Partner with customers and stakeholders on the development and production of a wide range of standard reports.
- Gather requirements and ensure delivery meets agreed upon requirements
- Become a SME on the underlying data required for business intelligence
- Assist with analysis, design, and testing of various enhancements & changes to reports
- Identify and present data to drive organization understanding and decisions
- Support Operations with ad hoc reporting & analysis and one-off data queries as needed
- Analyze complex business problems using data from internal and external sources to provide insight to decision-makers.
- Identify and interpret trends and patterns in datasets to isolate drivers and prioritize issues
- Measure key performance indicators and benchmarking results across partner teams
- Utilize analytical and modeling capability to perform scenario and sensitivity analysis to enhance decision making across a range of options and present findings by utilizing best practices in data visualization
- 5+ years' experience building dashboards and reports, and performing analytics (preferably within a Finance team)
- Experience creating and tuning reports via tools such as PowerBI & Tableau
- Able to write complex SQL using a variety of User Interfaces (e.g., Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio, SSRS, Tableau)
- Ability to lead and coach subordinates or other cross functional teammates
- Ability to perform data investigation (e.g., data source identification, feasibility of joins, determine data reasonableness based on business insights)
- Experience evaluating the statistical nature of data including the development of distributions, confidence intervals, and percentiles
- Demonstrated ability to successfully manage competing priorities & deliverables in a fast-paced, dead-line oriented environment
- Able to build effective and strong cross-functional relationships and to work as part of a team
- Strong communication, presentation, problem solving, and organization skills; ability to communicate complex analytical findings in a clear and concise manner
- Experience with MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Understanding of Finance and Accounting principles
- Knowledge of financial statements (P&L, Balance Sheet, Cash Flow)
- Knowledge of advanced Excel techniques (e.g., formulas, pivot tables, graphing, data connections, automation using macros and VBA, modeling skills and applied business statistics)
Understanding of data warehousing and associated concepts (OLAP, ETL, Dimensional model, ability to write script/tools for automation)
Bachelor's Degree. Business, Finance, Information Management or related field
Related work experience of approximately 7+ years may be substituted for degree
- Pay Type Salary
- Kent, WA, USA