This posting is inactive.
Fort Sam Houston, San Antonio, TX, USA Req #2106
Tuesday, May 5, 2020
- Work shall be performed at the U.S. Army Institute of Surgical Research, 3698 Chambers Pass, Bldg. 3611, Joint Base San Antonio – Fort Sam Houston, TX 78234
- he contractor shall plan and implement document draft, review and revision cycles for multiple concurrent projects, including User Guides and Standard Operating Procedures. Expert knowledge of the document formats and requirements of the medical/IT arena to be able to provide writing, assistance, and “ghost writing” services to JTS Director, SMEs, and technical personnel (The technical writer is not responsible for developing the content of the documentation, nor for its technical accuracy, but helps those with specialized knowledge to communicate that knowledge in writing. Includes drafting and editing, and rewriting and reformatting of draft documents possibly prepared by others.) Technical writing services in this context may additionally include providing meeting scribe services.
- The contractor shall edit and format contributed or solicited article manuscripts, writing additional information or rewriting portions of the manuscript, ensuring that it reflects logical, sequential organization, contains correct grammar, syntax, spelling and punctuation and conforms to publication style and format, but retaining, to the maximum degree possible, the author’s unique writing style and methods of expression.
- The contractor shall collaborate with customers to develop data presentation approaches for specific manuscripts and/or technical reports based upon data pulled from the DoDTR.
- The contractor shall prepare, review/edit technical reports for content/language. All deliverables shall be produced both electronically and on hard copy using software compatible with current USAMITC standards as specified by the COR.
- Pay Type Salary
- Fort Sam Houston, San Antonio, TX, USA