We have an opening for a Courier I position to join our Transportation team. The incumbent will provide reliable and efficient transportation of blood components, blood related products, blood samples as well as other business related materials for Bloodworks NW and its customers. Some principal responsibilities will include but are not limited to: picking up and transporting all donor components including but not limited to: blood, platelets, samples, donor records, pharmaceuticals, full and empty blood containers, sample containers, racks, supplies, business related materials, etc. to and from locations that may include, BWNW facilities, hospital laboratories, medical centers, satellite collection and mobile collection sites, and maintaining an accurate and complete log of all shipments handled. The incumbent will also need to be able to perform dispatcher duties when the Dispatcher is away from the Dispatch station.
ANTICIPATED START DATE - JUNE 1ST
EDUCATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Maintain a valid Washington State driver's license and meet the MVR standards required by the BWNW Vehicle Safety and Training Policy.
- Possess and maintain a driver’s license for at least 3 years.
- Must pass post-offer, pre-employment drug/chemical dependency test and comply with departmental Drug & Alcohol Policy and pre-hire back ground check.
- Position requires some overtime, on call status (occasionally); and evening meetings and heavy lifting (rarely).
- Ability to lift up to 60 pounds.
- Must be able to adjust to a variety of Bloodworks’ vehicles.
- Contract position - up to 12 weeks, eligible to apply for open Transportation postings.
- Shift - 1st, 2nd, or 3rd (including weekends) depending on need.
- Job Start Date Monday, June 1, 2020
- Seattle, WA 98108, USA