Assistant Medical Director (Apheresis Services and Cellular Therapy Laboratory)
Help save lives every day! Bloodworks is hiring for an Assistant Medical Director in our Apheresis Services and Cellular Therapy Laboratory. In this position, you will provide assistance to the Medical Director; assist with on-call coverage of apheresis, cellular therapy, transfusion and blood donor services. Under medical education, you will coordinate rotations and help teach medical trainees including UWMC pathology residents and hematology-oncology fellows as well as help teach technical trainees as requested.
ANTICIPATED START DATE - JUNE 1ST
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Licensed physician with successful transfusion medicine fellowship completion, board eligible or possess board certification(s) appropriate for duties assigned.
- Must qualify as a Laboratory Director, High Complexity Testing, for appropriate CLIA laboratory directorship designation under CLIA personnel requirements found in Subpart M of the Code of Federal Regulations.
- Knowledge of necessary regulations/standards and effective approaches to maintaining compliance.
- Willing and able to work effectively on a cooperative, mutually supportive basis with peers and subordinates; must have unquestionably high standards of personal and business ethics.
- Maintain medical licensure in Washington state, and DEA license/hospital credentialing when applicable, as well as required continued medical education and competences as appropriate to duties and relevant regulatory and accreditation standards.
- This is a highly regulated position and is subject to meeting various regulatory agency and accrediting body rules and regulations. These may include, but are not limited to, FDA, AABB, CLIA, CAP.
- Job conditions to be expected include significant local travel, extended hours and on-call status (frequent).
Interested candidates should provide a cover letter, CV, and references as part of the application (please provide in one attachment). Salary with be DOE, DOQ. Applications accepted until position filled.
- Job Start Date Monday, June 1, 2020
- Seattle, WA, USA