Assistant Medical Director (TSL & IRL Medical Laboratories)
Help save lives every day! Bloodworks is hiring for an Assistant Medical Director in our IRL and TSL Laboratories. In this position you will provide assistance to the Medical Directors over IRL, red cell genomics, and transfusion service with medical oversight of the departments; assist with on call coverage of apheresis, cellular therapy, transfusion and blood donor services. The incumbent will also help teach medical and technical trainees.
ANTICIPATED START DATE - JUNE 1ST
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Licensed physician with successful transfusion medicine fellowship completion, board eligible or possess board certification(s) appropriate for duties assigned.
- Must qualify as a Laboratory Director, High Complexity Testing, for appropriate CLIA laboratory directorship designation under CLIA personnel requirements found in Subpart M of the Code of Federal Regulations.
- Knowledge of necessary regulations/standards and effective approaches to maintaining compliance.
- Experience and demonstrated interest
- Ability to provide technical guidance and leadership to professional personnel.
- Well-developed consultation skills.
- Willing and able to work effectively on a cooperative, mutually supportive basis with peers and subordinates; must have unquestionably high standards of personal and business ethics.
- Maintain medical licensure in Washington state, and DEA license/hospital credentialing when applicable, as well as required continued medical education and competences as appropriate to duties and relevant regulatory and accreditation standards.
- This is a highly regulated position and is subject to meeting various regulatory agency and accrediting body rules and regulations. These may include, but are not limited to, FDA, AABB, CLIA, CAP.
- Job conditions to be expected include significant local travel, extended hours and on-call status (frequent).
- As this is an essential position with direct responsibility to donors and/or patients, incumbent should be prepared to work extended and/or consecutive shifts and/or possibly at a different location during periods of inclement weather or other emergencies.
Interested candidates should provide a cover letter, CV, and references as part of the application (please provide in one attachment). Salary with be DOE, DOQ. Applications accepted until position filled.
- Job Start Date Monday, June 1, 2020
- Seattle, WA, USA