Help save lives every day! Bloodworks is hiring for a Courier III. In this role, you will provide reliable and efficient transportation of blood components, blood related products, blood samples as well as other business related materials for Bloodworks NW and its customers.
- Transporting blood related products between the BWNW facilities, mobile sites and its hospital clients.
- Pick up and transport all donor components including but not limited to: blood, platelets, samples, donor records, pharmaceuticals, full and empty blood containers, sample containers, racks, supplies and mail, etc. to and from locations that may include BWNW facilities, hospital laboratories, medical centers, satellite collection and mobile collection sites, and product manufacturing.
- Maintain an accurate and complete log of all shipments handled.
- Ensure full compliance with the standards set forth in the BWNW Vehicle Safety and Training Policy when Operating or riding in company vehicles.
- Assist the Regional Courier Scheduler and/or the Dispatcher with any necessary direction revisions, as well as report any procedural or other changes that may be required to improve the efficiency and accuracy of the functions of the Transportation Department.
- Where trained and requested, to perform the duties of other Transportation Department positions such as, Local Courier, Shuttle Driver, Driver Trainer and Dispatcher.
- Comply with all applicable Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) as written.
- Regional Couriers must be available to be scheduled for all work days unless assigned to a fixed work schedule.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
SPECIFIC JOB SKILLS
- The ability to operate a motor vehicle, push and pull 250 lbs, and lift and carry up to 5000 lbs. throughout a normal day.
- Position requires some overtime, on call status (occasionally); and evening meetings and heavy lifting (rarely).
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Maintain a valid Washington State driver's license and meet the MVR standards required by the Bloodwoks NW Vehicle Safety and Training Policy.
- Possess and maintain a driver’s license for at least 3 years.
- Must pass post-offer, pre-employment drug/chemical dependency test and comply with departmental Drug & Alcohol Policy and pre-hire back ground check.
- Ability to lift up to 60 pounds.
- Must be able to adjust to a variety of vehicles.
This position is part-time - 24 hours per week.
- Seattle, WA, USA