Clinical Research Nurse
Help save lives every day! Bloodworks is hiring for a Clinical Research Nurse. In this position, you will coordinate activities in the initiation and ongoing management of Research Studies and Clinical Trials in the Platelet Transfusion Research Laboratory.
ANTICIPATED START DATE - JUNE 1ST
- Serve as a liaison and resource to study subjects (both patients and healthy volunteer donors), family members, attending physicians, Bloodworks employees and other stakeholders.
- Collaborate internally with principal investigator(s), members of the research team and Bloodworks departments and externally with research organizations and industry sponsors in the development of plans and protocols for clinical research studies.
- Provide feedback, documentation and other relevant information to support the grant writing and approval process.
- Prepare and complete Institutional Review Board (IRB) applications and modifications. Work autonomously to design, create and revise research study tools.
- Maintain current Institutional Review Board (IRB) approval and adhere to IRB guidelines established at participating medical centers.
- Serve as project manager in the design, organization, and implementation of research protocols to ensure correlation with research objectives. Manage study-related procedures as required by protocol.
- Compile and formulate budget information as related to research studies, monitor and revise budgets as per approved implemented protocols and coordinate with accounting department to invoice vendors.
- Coordinate study subject participation in research protocols.
- Confers with patient and attending physician regarding any matters related to the study
- Initiates drug, blood products and other orders and laboratory studies for patients based on standing protocol orders
- Analyze and interpret results as appropriate
- Establish systems to transport and process study samples. Coordinate and educate hospital and blood center staff as to protocol requirements including review of sample volumes requested, transport mechanism, special processing and adhering to time constraints set forth in the research protocols
- Maintain sufficient inventory of material, supplies and equipment for performance of duties
- Review work of laboratory personnel within designated areas and assist in training new personnel
- Communicate updates and changes with other collaborators including monitoring institutions, study sponsor(s) and research team. Provide education to colleagues regarding research study outcomes and ongoing research procedures and policies.
- Attend local and national related coordinator study meetings and trainings as needed.
- Responsible for assuring the integrity and quality of the clinical research trial is maintained and that the trial is conducted in accordance with Good Clinical Practice Guidelines, federal and sponsor regulations and guidelines and the study protocol.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Graduate of accredited school of nursing, BSN preferred.
- Current license from the State of Washington as a registered nurse.
- Minimum three years prior experience managing clinical research projects. Experience with transfusion administration and blood banking experience is preferred.
- Demonstrated effective written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrated familiarity with records management, including demonstrated computer skills using MS Office.
- Job Start Date Monday, June 1, 2020
- Seattle, WA, USA