Blood Component Manufacturing Tech. I
Bloodworks is seeking a detail-oriented individual to perform a wide variety of detailed and sequential tasks, according to standard operating procedures, resulting in the production and final labeling of blood components. Working in a highly-regulated, and team-oriented environment, the incumbent will prepare, document, evaluate, quarantine/segregate, perform routine labeling of, and package and create transfer records for blood and blood components according to standard operating procedures, as well as operate and maintain equipment used in the processing and labeling of blood components.
Education and Experience
- Meet CLIA requirements for moderate complexity testing.
- Minimum requirement is a high school diploma or equivalent and training for the testing performed
- Two years of post-secondary education, or equivalent combination of education and relevant work experience.
- Relevant work experience is considered in any of the following: One year of experience in a regulated or high volume production environment, OR one year of blood-banking or pharmaceutical experience, OR One year of work experience in an environment requiring significant multitasking.
Job Specific Skills
- The ability to adhere to a series of complex process steps involving interaction with multiple computer systems and physical handling of inventory.
- The ability to work effectively in a team-orientated environment and with staff from other departments. The ability to lift and carry up to 35 pounds.
- Work a flexible schedule including weekends, holidays, and overtime, as well as the ability to take on-call responsibility as assigned.
- Full Time; 40 hours per week, benefits eligible. Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday (Friday and Saturday off). Start time may vary between 1300-1600 hours. Friday, Saturday, and Holidays may be scheduled with an alternate day off during the week.
- This position also involves occasional intermittent work in refrigeration and freezer units (in cold rooms of 1oC – 6oC for up to 30 minutes at a time, and in walk-in freezers colder than -23oC for up to 15 minutes at a time).
- Help your career while helping others – join our lifesaving team!
- Renton, WA 98057, USA