Junior Fleet Service Technician & Shop Assistant
Help save lives every day! Bloodworks has an opening for a Junior Fleet Services Technician/Shop Assitant. In this position you will perform preventative maintenance on all assigned Bloodworks’ vehicles, assist fleet mechanics in diagnostics and repairs, pick-up vehicle repair parts and supplies and, reposition vehicles.
- Perform preventative maintenance of vehicles and bloodmobile generators including mechanical and physical inspections, road tests, fluid changes, lubricating components, tire replacement and rotation and, wheel balancing.
- Assist mechanics as needed in diagnosing and repairing electrical, mechanical and physical fleet vehicle defects.
- Order and/or pick-up parts, supplies and tools as needed and do so in a cost effective and time efficient manner.
- Pick-up, deliver and swap vehicles as needed for fleet maintenance requirements.
- Drive vehicles to and through emission testing stations.
- Maintain a safe, clean and organized shop.
- Clean vehicle interiors and exteriors as needed.
- Document services, repairs and other completed work on departmental and inter-departmental forms and reports.
- Allow for some scheduling flexibility to assist with emergent after hours vehicle repairs and vehicle movement.
- Follow all safety procedures, standard operating procedures and regulatory requirements including the Bloodworks
- Vehicle Safety and Training Policy when operating or riding in company vehicles.
- Perform other duties as required.
- High School graduate or G.E.D. plus advanced technical/vocational course work, preferred
- 2 years experience preferred in vehicle repair and maintenance.
- Possess and maintain a driver’s license for at least 3 years.
- Must have valid Washington State driver's license and meet the MVR standards required by PSBC Vehicle Safety
- And Training Policy.
- Must have or have the ability to obtain a Washington State Commercial Driver's License, Class B or Class C. Possession of a CDL license preferred.
- Must pass post-offer, pre-employment drug/chemical dependency test and comply with departmental Drug & Alcohol Policy.
- Positions require constant standing; frequent heavy lifting; overtime and on-call status (occasionally); and extensive close work, CRT work, and travel (rarely).
- Ability to work under and around vehicles and equipment, outdoors, and in all types of weather.
- Seattle, WA, USA