The Richmond Times-Dispatch is seeking a highly organized, dynamic and results-oriented team player to join our Events Team. Under the general supervision of the Events Manager, the Events Coordinator is responsible for assisting in achieving revenue targets established by the Richmond Times-Dispatch while completing tasks within given timelines and budgets. Intrinsic knowledge of the Richmond, Virginia market is desirable.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assist with all aspects of the event planning process, including, but not limited to: identifying venues, tracking revenue and expenses, collaborating with outside vendors, coordinating volunteer schedules, developing marketing copy, requesting design elements for promotional materials, monitoring RSVPs and reconciling ticket sales and ordering supplies.
• Assist with all aspects of event execution and logistics, including, but not limited to: facility management, décor, guest list management, communicating run-of-show to staff and vendors, problem solving, directing staff, organizing vendors and acting as secondary point-person during events.
• Organize and track Events Team marketing production and execution deadlines for both internal and external media.
• Negotiate with event vendors to secure products and services at the best price and quality.
• Assist in securing event booth sales.
• Track event sponsors deliverables and fulfillment.
• Prepare “proof of performance” folders for sponsors at the conclusion of each event.
• Assist in creating event presentations for both internal and external purposes.
• Assist with creating post-event analysis reports that include a recap of each event.
• Monitor the flow of information in/out of the Events Team and ensure that appropriate individuals are kept informed of significant matters requiring attention.
• Communicate and/or meet regularly with exhibitors, sponsors and vendors, becoming an important and indispensablepoint of contact on a continual basis.
• Work with Events Manager to generate and research new event ideas to appeal to current audience and reach new audience.
• Collaborate across internal departments and effectively communicate needs and requirements for each event.
• Some weeknight and weekend event attendance required.
• Other support and administrative duties as needed.
• 2+ years of event planning experience required.
• Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from a four-year College or University.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
• Superior time management skills, with the ability to plan multiple events at once.
• Must be extremely organized with impeccable attention to detail.
• Proven ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment with multiple, competing priorities.
• Excellent communication skills (written and oral).
• Strong interpersonal skills, with demonstrated ability to effectively communicate and build relationships with key stakeholders.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Richmond Times-Dispatch-Richmond Offc, 300 E FRANKLIN ST, Richmond, Virginia, United States of America
- Richmond, VA, USA