Responsible for loading and unloading insert skids and misc freight from Staples, Piedmont Printing, UPS, Fed Ex, and various other contract vendors. Controlling inventory while providing excellent quality assurance and service to the shipper.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Operate newsprint and pallet handling equipment as necessary, including fork lift, clamp truck, and pallet jack.
- Responsible for processing, preprint pallets, and other inventories stored in the Receiving and other storage places at the Production Plant.
- Responsible for providing Quality Assurance with proper checking copies of Inserts.
- Accurately prepare and promptly submit all required reports and correspondence to Brenda Steele and Frank Clayton pertaining to all deliveries to the receiving dept.
- Responsible for controlling and recording all damage as it relates to the Receiving Department.
- Responsible for maintaining a safe department in accordance with Winston Salem Journal safety policy/practice.
- Unload and/or load vehicles and other products.
- Responsible for all non-technical maintenance and housekeeping of the Receiving Department.
- Responsible for retrieving, processing, and maintaining an adequate supply of Plastic Pallets.
- Responsible for effectively communicating and interacting with internal customers of the Advertising and Production divisions.
- Must understand the nature of deadlines and compliance with them.
- Must have mechanical abilities and be able to operate our SLS Inserter and have a full knowledge of the inserter. On occasion have the ability and willingness to operate the inserter.
- Regular, reliable on-site attendance is required.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Winston-Salem Journal-Prod, 2051 E 5TH ST, Winston-Salem, North Carolina, United States of America