Crystal Reports Developer
Primary Function of the Position
Operate alongside a team to develop and maintain a report library supporting the Advertising and Circulation systems for the BH Media Group operations. Fulfill special requests and ad-hoc reporting from all levels of the organization. Develop, implement and maintain interfaces and customizations to various internal and external systems. Assure continuity
and standardization of key reporting.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
Creates new and updates existing reports, ad-hoc reports and data extracts as necessary
for all projects, initiatives and business processes.
Performs analysis of data sources and processes to ensure data integrity, completeness
1) Supports reporting infrastructure and related processes
2) Facilitates and maintains reporting requests through standardized change management systems so as to preserve report integrity and document change history
3) Monitors performance of the reporting infrastructure and makes programmatic
changes when appropriate
4) Ensures continuity of reports between operating units and that corporate policies and
business practices are adhered to
5) Interacts with end-users at all enterprise levels to ensure reporting and data needs are fulfilled
6) Evaluates reporting requests to determine if issues are related to report logic and/or data entry - provides prompt answers and resolution
Knowledge and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in Business, Computer Science or related field. 2+ years experience gathering and analyzing data requirements. 2+ years writing interactive, analytical tools using Crystal Reports or comparable report development
tool. 1+ year experience developing in MS Access, utilizing advanced functions.
Relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and experience is also acceptable.
Must possess strong critical and analytical thinking skills and is highly-attentive to details. Work and environment is high-demand, high-visibility so candidate must be a solid verbal and written communicator with all customers internal and external,
both technical and non-technical in nature. Must be highly organized and able to multi-task and prioritize. Must be able to work under deadline and is able to set reasonable expectations.
Must be fluent with relational database modeling and developing efficient SQL.
- Pay Type Salary
- BHM Ops Admin-Hanover Offc, 8460 TIMES DISPATCH BLVD, Mechanicsville, Virginia, United States of America
- Richmond, VA, USA