Assistant District Manager
Assistant District Manager SE
Part-Time - $14.00/hour
Deliver newspapers to those subscribers needing redelivery, and deliver on Open
Routes. Works closely with Zone Manager and District Supervisor to ensure the delivery
or redelivery of the newspaper is accomplished.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Deliver newspapers and advertising inserts using route lists as directed. Place newspapers in locations requested by subscriber.
2. Perform timely delivery of missed/damaged newspapers to subscribers, hand delivering to
the customer when possible. Maintain an accurate daily record of deliveries.
3. Maintain accurate daily record of time worked by clocking in and out on time clock.
4. Maintain daily record of miles driven in personal vehicle for company business only.
5. Assist in maintaining an up-to-date route list on all open routes as needed.
6. Deliver sample newspapers to non-subscribers on an as needed basis.
7. Monitor complaint screens as assigned.
8. Maintain cleanliness of the work area.
9. Ensure company cell phone is used for business purposes only.
10. Perform other related duties that may be assigned by the Zone Manager, Circulation
Manager or District Supervisors.
11. Available to work early morning hours Mon. – Sunday and receive phone calls at various
hours of the day.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
High School Diploma or G.E.D.
Must maintain a valid driver’s license and proof of auto insurance.
Medium - Heavy Work:
Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible
amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull, or
otherwise move objects, including the human body. Job involves sitting most of the time.
Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally.
Able to lift up to 30 lbs. of newspaper bundles.
Stamina to work varied hours.
Able to walk up stairs and distances of 2 blocks to 2 miles in a period of 2 hours.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Omaha World-Herald, 604 FORT CROOK RD N, Bellevue, Nebraska, United States of America