Provisional Licensed Behavior Analyst - St. Charles, MO
The Licensed Provisional Behavior Analyst requires that the candidate possess a BCaBA and/or with a Missouri license as an assistant behavior analyst or LaBA. In addition, a person may apply if they have documentation of actively working to earn a BCBA through education and training as this can allow the candidate to apply for a position as an LaBA.
The Licensed Provisional Behavior Analyst (LaBA), will work under the direction and supervision of a Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA). Like the BCBA, an LaBA administers, conducts, evaluates and supervises the implementation of behavior assessments (e.g., Questions About Behavior Function (QABF), Functional Assessment Screening Tool (FAST)), Assessment of Functional Living Scaled (AFLS) and/or other functional assessment measures as assigned or indicated. And develops a completed comprehensive, data-based functional behavior assessment. Based on the results of the assessment, the LaBA develops individualized goals and objectives for home, community, and center-based programs as indicated by the needs of the persons we support through the development, training, and implementation of behavior support plans based on the results of the functional assessment. With the guidance, support, and supervision of a BCBA.
Education and Experience:
The provisional behavior analyst in Missouri will possess:
- BCaBA or documentation of actively seeking the BCBA credential
- One (1) year experience completing comprehensive functional assessments and behavior support plans.
- Two (2) years’ experience serving individuals with lifelong disabilities.
- Experience with staff training or an interest in learning to do it well.
- Must experience some familiarity with conducting functional assessments, program/goal development, behavior reduction and skills acquisition procedures, and staff training, with or without the support of a supervising BCBA.
- Must be able to supervise Registered Behavior Technicians and develop data based monthly progress notes.
Certificates, Licenses or Registrations:
- BCaBA with a provisional license from the state of Missouri (LaBA).
- Maintain all required certifications as outlined by the Behavior Analyst Certification Board (for BCaBAs) or requirements as determined by the state of Missouri.
- Ability to travel locally to meet with clients.
Essential Job Function:
- Ensures appropriate behavioral data systems are implemented such that quantifiable behavioral data is collected at regular intervals to allow for the continual evaluation of behavior plans and the achievement of individual goals and objectives. When in doubt, this candidate seeks guidance from the supervising BCBA.
- Teaches staff, RBTs, and DSPs on the proper implementation of each plan, data collection procedure, and protocol in the assessment and plan development phase of behavior analytic services.
- Provides proactive and preventive behavior programs and plans, data collection systems and all necessary monitoring and reporting systems.
- Is responsible for ongoing individual program oversight and conducting routine meetings with management staff and DSPs.
- Ensures proper billing entry in Bethesda billing systems as required.
- Maintains billable caseload and documents billable hours as required by Bethesda.
- Develops written reports documenting behavioral recommendations for parents, caregivers and agency personnel in a timely and accurate manner as requested by the Area Behavior Analyst, and consistent with the BACB Ethical guidelines.
- Maintains availability to respond to the needs of the persons we serve, providing consultation and follow up assistance to behavior crisis situations with support from the BCBA as needed.
- Maintains any required training to include any necessary crisis management procedures in the behavior plans as needed.
- Assume other duties as assigned by the Area Behavior Analyst.
- Job Family PROFESSIONAL
- Pay Type Salary
- St. Louis, MO, USA