Licensed Vocational Nurse Full Time
Borrego Health is now the second largest health center in the country and the largest health center in the State of California! Join our team and make a difference today!
Location: Barstow Community Health Center
Under the direction of the Nurse Manager, the LVN is responsible for direct and indirect patient care, providing assistance to the physician, mid-level practitioner, Nurse Manager, and patients alike. The LVN is a member of the health care team responsible for performing assigned nursing care activities. Interprets and supports the mission of Borrego Health.
Borrego Health is a Federally Qualified Health Center and participates in the Nurse Corps Loan Repayment Program. The Nurse Corps provides loan repayment in exchange for employment and service at a facility experiencing critical shortage of nurses. Borrego Health's HPSA score averages 15 for Medical Clinics and 20 for our Behavioral Health Clinics. Please note HPSA scores may vary and depends on location and services of assigned clinic.
To learn more, please visit website at:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Responsible for knowing LVN scope of practice.
2. Provide direct patient care.
3. Obtains consents for procedures.
4. Conducts Nurse Visits per Borrego Health Standing Orders Policy.
5. Coordinate patient flow.
6. Promotes a Patient-Centered environment.
7. Works in accordance with established standards and policies to meet clinical measures and goals.
8. Does inventory of clinical supplies and places orders.
9. Other duties as assigned.
1. Active LVN license in the state of California is required.
2. Experience as an LVN is required.
3. Current and valid California Driver’s License is required.
4. Current and valid CPR and First Aid Certification through the American Heart Association is required
5. Reliable vehicle is required
6. Bilingual in Spanish/English is preferred.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Barstow, CA, USA