Pharmacist-Hourly Full Time
Borrego Health is now the second largest health center in the country and the largest health center in the State of California! Join our team and make a difference today!
Location: Stonewall Pharmacy
The staff Pharmacist works according to legal and ethical guidelines to ensure the correct and safe supply of medical products to Borrego Health patients. The staff pharmacist is involved in maintaining and improving people's health by providing advice and information, and supplying prescription medicines.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Dispensing prescription medicines to the public, checking dosage and ensuring that medicines are correctly and safely supplied and labeled (pharmacists are legally responsible for any dispensing errors);
2. Supervising the preparation of any medicines (not all are supplied ready made-up by the manufacturer);
3. Keeping a register of controlled drugs for legal and stock control purposes;
4. Liaising with doctors about prescriptions;
5. Selling over-the-counter medicines;
6. Counseling and advising the public on the treatment of minor ailments and any adverse side- effects of medicines or potential interactions with other medicines/treatments;
7. Providing specialist health check services, such as measuring and fitting compression hosiery, monitoring blood pressure and cholesterol levels, diabetes screening and pregnancy testing.
8. Overseeing the ordering and safe storage of medical products and, in some cases, arranging the delivery of prescription medicines to patients;
9. Keeping up-to-date with current pharmacy practice, new drugs and their uses.
10. Managing, supervising and training pharmacy support staff;
11. Selling healthcare and other products, such as toiletries, cosmetics and photographic items;
12. Promoting sales and developing the business.
Special Conditions of Employment:
1. Must posses a Pharmacist Degree from an ACPE accredited college of pharmacy program and a minimum of two (2) years of experience in a community pharmacy setting.
2. Must posses a valid license to practice as a Pharmacist issued by the State of California Board of Pharmacy.
3. Personal qualities which will permit the staff Pharmacist to work with the staff and residents of the community in such a manner as to earn their confidence and respect. The staff Pharmacist should demonstrate concern for the welfare of all people served by Borrego Health.
- Pay Type Salary
- Cathedral City, CA, USA