Information Technology - Network Engineer
Borrego Health is now the second largest health center in the country and the largest health center in the State of California! Join our team and make a difference today!
Location: DHS Wellness
Seeking a Network Engineer to architect, design and support network solutions, act in a lead role with a team of technology professionals. Work with a growing company with a dynamic work environment. The network engineer manages all aspects of the network for the company from the data center across the WAN to the end user LAN and the cloud. The Network Engineer will generate network designs to build secure and reliable connectivity for the company LAN, WAN and cloud presence. Will create and review programmatic and technical documentation to ensure efficient planning and execution, manage and document networking
infrastructure, and lead efforts to support and service our internal clients. Troubleshoots network performance issues and makes corrections, fine tuning and recommendations to enhance network performance. Recommends upgrades, patches, and new applications and equipment. Leadership, teamwork, organizational skills and flexibility are crucial attributes to bring to this position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ability to architect and install new hardware, systems, services, and software for networks.
- Lead planning and support efforts for network infrastructure in a large-scale environment.
- Perform troubleshooting analysis of switches, SD-WAN routing in multiple locations including data center and remote offices.
- Work on virtual environments including VMware and cloud (Azure)
- Document network problems, and design and implement resolution steps to prevent future issues.
- Create and maintain or administer monitoring systems and implement tuning improvements.
- Manage third-party support and service vendors to ensure operational stability of internal and client networks.
- Manage and ensure completion of a high volume of daily tasks along with project deliverables.
- Must be self-motivated, and train less experienced resources, while encouraging high performance.
- Provides project management disciplines in relation to server, network and communication projects. Works closely with the Project Management office to accomplish project related goals.
- Some travel is required to support project initiatives.
- Requirement to work after hours and weekends as needed to support projects, changes and outages.
- Position includes participation in the on-call rotation team.
- Other duties as assigned.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee frequently is required to walk; use hands to type; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand or walk for periods of time. The employee must frequently lift or move objects up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift or move objects up to 25 pounds.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or similar.
- 3+ years working with Juniper, Brocade or Cisco switching devices.
- 3+ years working with Firewalls.
- 2-year SD-WAN experience
- Complete knowledge and understanding of networking technologies.
- Understanding of advanced network & telephony topologies and protocols.: Switches, Routers, Servers, Cables, Racks, Firewalls, LAN, WAN, IPv4, IPv6, DNS, Latency, VRRP, BGP, OSPF, MPLS, WiFi and Radius.
- 2 years of VMware networking experience
- 1 year Cloud technologies experience
- Certifications: CCNA, JNCIS or other major network provider certification.
- Experience monitoring networks and troubleshooting high priority network issues both on-site and via remote support.
- Complete understanding of Microsoft server technologies.
- Pay Type Salary
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- San Diego, CA, USA