Cloud administrator Full Time
Borrego Health is now the second largest health center in the country and the largest health center in the State of California! Join our team and make a difference today!
Location: San Diego Administration Office - Sky Park
The Cloud administrator handles cloud computing services for the organization. As a cloud administrator, your job duties will include transitioning locally hosted infrastructure to the cloud, configure cloud environments to meet the company needs, and architect systems for data management. Implementing cloud-native and server less development strategies for new solutions. Responsible for using company’s policies and best practices in configuring our Microsoft Office 365 and Azure tenant. In addition to email and calendar administration, a typical day will involve configuring and supporting Microsoft Teams, SharePoint and any other approved applications within the environment. Our ideal candidate will assist in the research, planning, maintenance and expansion of our cloud perimeter and ensure platform stability. Engages with and maintains vendor relationships. You may also have maintenance duties, such as responding to trouble tickets and alerts, developing patches or fixes for any issues that arise.
• Administration, support, and configuration of:
o Microsoft Office 365 platform for staff
o Using best practices, design/architect cloud computing presence (Azure)
o Exchange Online/Outlook platform for staff
o Office 365 security tools, such as email spam security, data loss prevention, and information protection (role share with security engineer)
• Ensuring the operational health of cloud environments including security, availability, performance, interoperability, and reliability
• Maintenance of Groups and access control to SharePoint sites and subsites, lists, libraries, and content
• Governance and administration of SharePoint sites, Groups, Security Groups, and Distribution Lists
• Troubleshooting various Office 365 related issues, including features, connectivity, and mobility
• Administration, support, and configuration of Office 365 integrations, including Single Sign-On, certificate authentication, mobile device management, and Active Directory
• Training and educating users on O365 capabilities and collaboration tools (including OneDrive, Microsoft Teams, OneNote, Outlook, etc.)
• Providing end-user support for Windows and macOS Office 365 deployments and configurations
• Providing local and remote end-user support and escalation of support from Tier 1 staff for Office 365 problems, issues, and requests
• Management of O365 identities and license assignments
• Developing automations and flows among Office 365 and external cloud applications
• Creating and maintaining documentation on processes, procedures, configurations, and user guides
• Bachelor's degree
• Required: 5-6+ yrs experience in enterprise level Cloud administration
• Strong Azure experience. Design/Architect experience in an enterprise environment. Experience in Azure administration/ systems engineer/devops role and best practices.
• Experience/Familiarity with cloud computing services: Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), Software as a Service (SaaS)
• Experience with architecting highly scalable and highly available systems
• Excellent communication and relationship skills, especially the ability to articulate advanced technical topics to both technical and non-technical staff; ability to articulate business issues/concerns with staff, peers, superiors, and outside parties.
• Team-oriented collaborator with excellent critical and analytical thinking and excellent customer service skills.
• Strong presentation skills.
• Demonstrates expertise in research, often going outside of their area of individual experience.
• 2 to 4 years proven work experience administering Microsoft Office 365 environments
• Cloud administration experience Office 365, Exchange, Azure Active Directory, Active Directory, MS Teams and SharePoint environments, AWS.
• Five years of experience in an IT setting.
• Five years of experience managing windows operating systems
• Exhibit excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Advanced infrastructure design and documentation skills.
• Excellent organizational and project management skills. Able to shift tasks as priorities evolve
• Expert in multiple computing disciplines such as cloud services, operating systems, and virtualization.
• Expert knowledge in at least one scripting language.
• Understanding of communication technologies: o Exchange 2016 and above o Microsoft Teams
• Solid Understanding of Microsoft Active Directory
• Solid understanding in PowerShell version 4 or later
• Experience with automation tools and scripting, including PowerShell
• Familiarity with Office 365 integration tools, such as Microsoft Forms, flow
• Experience with Single Sign On identity and authentication systems, such as Azure AD, ADFS, or SAML
• Experience with security tools, monitoring, and email security
• Technical troubleshooting and problem-solving capabilities
• Experience managing vSphere VMware 5.5 or above
• Certification: o Technical Certifications (MCP, MCSA, M365 Certified Enterprise Admin or other cloud certs) preferred Desired
• Understanding of the first 3 ISO layers desired, such as: VLAN trunking, routing protocols, spanning tree. Conceptual understanding of security concepts such as: DMZ, firewalls, threat protection, VPN or packet inspection services.
• Experience with storage technologies. NetApp, EMC
- Pay Type Salary
- San Diego, CA, USA