Lead Health Data Analyst - Front End
Independently lead the extraction and analysis of health care data for specific studies and corporate initiatives. Lead data intensive projects and serve as a technical resource to department staff and management on technical issues; develop new analyses and reporting metrics to assist management with decision making. Train and mentor less experienced staff. Develop and improve automated processes to increase the efficiency and accuracy of work products.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Initiate and lead data intensive projects; translate quantitative findings into practical insights through the interpretation of data, trends and other sources. Prepare project results or recommendations for a wide range of audiences using written reports and presentation exhibits/graphics.
- Perform complex analytical work of health care data. Utilize data to provide insights about customers and prospects to support the growth of various market segments.
- Conduct special data extraction and analysis studies. Summarize results and provide recommendations where appropriate.
- Design, implement, and maintain various databases as assigned; develop reporting capabilities and ensure data quality and documentation is adequate.
- Identify areas where operational efficiency can be improved through enhanced automation. Collaborate with technical staff on implementation of enhancements. Communicate necessary changes and enhancements to all internal/external customers.
- Represent the organization at external meetings.
- Provide recommendations and input to new contract provisions for performance guarantees. Respond to various Requests for Implementation as requested by marketing staff. Perform special studies as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Economics or related field; or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Seven to ten years health data analysis, business analysis, software application, database design, and technical documentation experience, preferably in the health insurance industry
Preferred Education, Additional Qualifications and Experience:
- Knowledge of applied statistics
- Knowledge of econometric modeling
- Knowledge of marketing analytic principles and modeling
- Experience utilizing competitive intelligence
- Background in Actuarial Science
- Experience with version control practices.
- Fluency in design patterns.
- Knowledge of Test Driven Development.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities:
- Knowledge of claims processing and membership processing for all BCBSRI lines of business
- Knowledge of CPT-4 and ICD-10 coding and covered benefits
- Understanding of SAS programming, spreadsheet, and database software and other application development tools
- Knowledge of general mathematical principals
- Working knowledge of Business Objects and Windows
- Understanding of micro and mainframe computer systems
- Ability to mentor, coach and provide guidance to others
- Expertise in DHTML
- Expertise with SAS programming constructs.
- Expertise with SAS metadata and server configuration.
- Ability to understand, visualize, and code to specification.
- Ability to understand requirements and independently interpret and discern needs.
- Experience with Auditing data for accuracy and integrity.
- Experience with architecting analytical solutions
- Understanding of object-oriented principles.
- Expertise in ANSI SQL methods
- Experience with Transactional databases
- Experience with third normal form database schema design.
- Expertise with denormalized database schema design.
- Understanding of functional programming paradigms.
- Ability to identify performance bottlenecks.
- Ability to optimize code for run-time performance.
- Background in Business Intelligence and Dashboard design.
- Knowledge of UI and user experience design.
- Ability to parse and decipher SAS log output.
The law requires an employer to post notices describing the Federal laws prohibiting job discrimination based on race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, equal pay, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, and genetic information and gender identity or expression. Please visit http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf to view the "EEO is the Law" poster.
- Pay Type Salary
- Blue Cross & Blue Shield of Rhode Island, 500 Exchange Street, Providence, Rhode Island, United States of America