Business Solutions Analyst
Serve as business lead in execution of divisional projects and initiatives. Support business owner and strategic leaders to ensure project outcomes meet strategic objectives. Act as the conduit between the business owner, project manager, and cross functional business areas and technology teams. Actively participate in all phases of project development lifecycle to ensure proposed project solutions meet business needs and align with enterprise strategies.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Serve as business lead and advocate for functional business areas in execution of initiatives by ensuring projects are well formulated, executed, operationalized, communicated and align with corporate strategic goals.
- Participate in presentation of business objectives, project scope, and financial impacts during all phases of the project development life cycle including but not limited to EDRC, Project Estimation, Finance committee and Project Investment Committee.
- Lead and educate all members of the project team in understanding business objective, defining and monitoring project scope and assessing impacts across the organization.
- Participate in development and traceability of project documents and artifacts including but not limited to business case, project charters, business requirements and test planning. Participate in functional specification and high level design reviews, validating design meets business objectives.
- Represent division as lead in project status meetings and provide transparency to business owner and divisional leadership in communication of project status, risks and escalation needs.
- Function as a subject matter expert to answer or facilitate responses to business related scope and serve as first level escalation point to Project Manager and project team in resolution of risks or issues.
- Direct organizational readiness activities through participation in development and approval of testing strategy, training strategy and communication strategy and associated timelines in conjunction with business owner.
- Participate in other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, or related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Three to five years in business analysis and project implementation including leading cross functional teams through business process integrations
- Experience in driving end to end business process
Preferred Education, Additional Qualifications and Experience:
- Experienced in project management methodology, project development life cycle, and business processes.
- Experience in articulating end to end operation needs
Required Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities:
- In depth knowledge of the healthcare industry and of processes, such as cross-functional business processes for major operational areas, project management, vendor management, and project life cycle, as well as a broad understanding of government and Blue Cross Blue Shield Association regulations,
- Business critical thinking and highly strategic in order to define practical solutions that align with corporate strategy.
- Ability to display end to end process and technical thinking
- Strong business acumen and political and interpersonal savvy
- Ability to lead projects independently
- Ability to collaborate while dealing with complex situations
- Ability to think creatively and analytically
- Ability to motivate, lead and inspire a diverse group to a common goal/solution with multiple stakeholders
- Ability to convert business strategy into action oriented objectives and measurable results
- Ability to demonstrate flexible working style with ability to adjust on the fly
- Strong negotiating, influencing, and consensus-building skills
- Ability to identify gaps in process knowledge and utilize SME’s as required
The law requires an employer to post notices describing the Federal laws prohibiting job discrimination based on race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, equal pay, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, and genetic information and gender identity or expression. Please visit http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf to view the "EEO is the Law" poster.
- Pay Type Salary
- Blue Cross & Blue Shield of Rhode Island, 500 Exchange Street, Providence, Rhode Island, United States of America