Accounts Payable Summer Intern
Assist Financial Operations staff with department projects under the guidance, coaching and direction of experienced leaders. Learn fundamentals of healthcare finance and explore other related functions throughout the organization.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Assist team with department initiatives and projects.
- Complete special projects, tasks and assignments under general direction.
- Collect, record, analyze and evaluate data and information.
- Conduct research on various policies, practices and topics.
- Prepare spreadsheets, reports, presentations and other materials.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or matriculating status from four-year college or university
Preferred Education, Additional Qualifications and Experience:
- Working towards degree in Finance, Accounting or other quantitative course of study
- General understanding of quantitative business analyses or mathematical modeling
Required Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities:
- Computer navigation skills
- Written and verbal communications skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly Excel
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to meet established time and quality standards
- Ability to exercise sound judgment
- Ability to collect and organize data
The law requires an employer to post notices describing the Federal laws prohibiting job discrimination based on race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, equal pay, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, and genetic information and gender identity or expression. Please visit http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf to view the "EEO is the Law" poster.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Blue Cross & Blue Shield of Rhode Island, 500 Exchange Street, Providence, Rhode Island, United States of America