Provider Relations Intern
Provide administrative support to the Provider Relations Department. The intern would assist the Provider Relations manager with daily functions that ensure better provider data. The intern would assist with reviewing provider data to ensure mailings are sent to correct provider’s addresses and make outreach to complete any missing or unverified data. The intern would also be exposed to working with Salesforce.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provider outreach for missing data or verification of data.
- Triage of Salesforce work items for the department
- Assist with researching and resolving returned/forwarding mail
- Assist with setting up Special Handling forms for Letters of Agreement.
- Assist with provider training preparation for new Authorization tool implementation.
- Complete special projects, tasks, and assignments under general direction.
- Collect, record, analyze, and evaluate data and information.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or matriculating status from two or four-year college or university
Preferred Education, Additional Qualifications and Experience:
- Highly motivated
- Professional speech and demeanor
Required Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities:
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office including Excel, and Word
- Computer navigation skills
- Written and verbal communications skills
- Time management skills
- Ability to collect and organize data
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to meet established time and quality standards
- Ability to exercise sound judgment
The law requires an employer to post notices describing the Federal laws prohibiting job discrimination based on race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, equal pay, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, and genetic information and gender identity or expression. Please visit http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf to view the "EEO is the Law" poster.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Blue Cross & Blue Shield of Rhode Island, 500 Exchange Street, Providence, Rhode Island, United States of America