Diversity & Inclusion Summer Intern
Provide administrative support on diversity & inclusion initiatives. Primary projects will include the planning and execution of Diversity Week at BCBSRI, June 15-19, streamlining the LGBTQ Safe Zone Certification Program, and updating marketing material for the remaining of the year.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Attend department meetings, diversity council meeting, and assist with scheduling.
- Assist with preparing presentations, and other materials.
- Complete special projects, tasks, and assignments under general direction.
- Collect, record, analyze, and evaluate data and information.
- Conduct research on various policies, practices, and topics.
- Assist team with department initiatives and projects.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or matriculating status from two or four-year college or university
Required Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities:
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office including Excel, and Word
- Computer navigation skills
- Written and verbal communications skills
- Time management skills
- Ability to collect and organize data
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to meet established time and quality standards
- Ability to exercise sound judgment
The law requires an employer to post notices describing the Federal laws prohibiting job discrimination based on race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, equal pay, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, and genetic information and gender identity or expression. Please visit http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf to view the "EEO is the Law" poster.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Blue Cross & Blue Shield of Rhode Island, 500 Exchange Street, Providence, Rhode Island, United States of America