Internal Audit Summer Intern
Assist in the performance of risk-based financial, operational, and integrated governance audits to ensure appropriate levels of controls are in place over business and technology processes. Assist in the testing of internal controls; assess operational and technology procedures and identify control gaps.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Observe and assist in conducting thorough analysis of various process/function flows. Assist in the evaluation of the adequacy of key internal controls over significant business and information technology risks.
- Assist in the preparation of accurate and thorough audit work papers.
- Assist with the development of process workflows, audit programs, and test procedures.
- Participate in department initiatives and projects.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree or matriculating status from four-year college or university in Accounting, Business Administration, Management, or related field.
Preferred Education, Additional Qualifications and Experience:
- Knowledge of IIA auditing standards
- Knowledge of internal controls
Required Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities:
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office including Excel, and Word
- General computer proficiency
- Good presentation skills with the ability to interact effectively with a diverse employee population
- Computer, typing, keyboard, and Internet skills are essential
- Ability to work independently
- Analytical skills, with the ability to interpret and synthesize complex data sets
- Proficient verbal and written communications skills
- Decision-making skills
- Good problem solving skills
The law requires an employer to post notices describing the Federal laws prohibiting job discrimination based on race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, equal pay, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, and genetic information and gender identity or expression. Please visit http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf to view the "EEO is the Law" poster.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Blue Cross & Blue Shield of Rhode Island, 500 Exchange Street, Providence, Rhode Island, United States of America