Information Security Summer Intern
Work with vendors, internal stakeholders, and information security team to identify potential risks, vulnerabilities, and policy compliance violations to help mitigate and minimize security-related threats. Optimize IT security related exception processes. Assist in standards and controls mapping for security policy review. Perform threat intelligence information gathering for third party risk program.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Ensure all information security standards and controls are mapped to appropriate frameworks (HIPAA, NIST, etc.)
- Assist in risk rating and calculation of control deficiencies
- Work with internal stakeholders to document IT security risks and exceptions
- Develop and document compensating controls
- Gather threat intelligence information and metrics for third parties
- Work with the project management office to assess and document risk of new IT related projects
- Assist in incident response activities, as required
- Assist team with department initiatives and projects.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education and Experience:
- Associate’s degree or matriculating status from a two-year or four-year college or university
Preferred Education, Additional Qualifications and Experience:
- Up to two years of subject matter expertise (SME)
- Information security certification such as CISSP, CISM, or GIAC
- Knowledge of network administration, TCP/IP, net flow, etc.
- Computer security, Windows and/or Linux systems administration including shell scripting, command line and debugging
- Project management experience
Required Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities:
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office including Excel, and Word
- Computer navigation skills
- Written and verbal communications skills
- Time management skills
- Ability to collect and organize data
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to meet established time and quality standards
- Ability to exercise sound judgment
The law requires an employer to post notices describing the Federal laws prohibiting job discrimination based on race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, equal pay, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, and genetic information and gender identity or expression. Please visit http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf to view the "EEO is the Law" poster.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Blue Cross & Blue Shield of Rhode Island, 500 Exchange Street, Providence, Rhode Island, United States of America