Graphic Design Summer Intern
The Strategy and Brand Planning department is looking for a 2020 Summer Student Intern. The student will be exposed to senior designers and communication staff during their summer internship. The student will have the ability to shadow and sit in on planning meetings as well as have designated projects.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Under general direction produce graphic designs, templates and layout for corporate publications and promotional marketing materials.
- Collaborate with senior designers and communications staff to ensure designs meet stakeholder needs.
- Ensure that designs, templates and layout adhere to corporate and brand standards for quality and display a creative approach in concept and design.
- Prepare materials for print production.
- Maintain archive of images, photos, or previous work products.
- Participate in department initiatives and projects as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education and Experience:
- Matriculating status from four-year college or university
Required Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities:
- Understanding of concept development, design and layout processes for a variety of medium including print and electronic
- Knowledge of industry standard design software/Adobe Creative suite: InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, etc.
- Knowledge of photography and pre-press production process
- Knowledge of basic html and email design is a plus
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to successfully prioritize multiple tasks
- Verbal and written communications skills
- Good problem solving skills
- Ability to interface with employees at all levels
- Ability to handle multiple priorities/projects
The law requires an employer to post notices describing the Federal laws prohibiting job discrimination based on race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, equal pay, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, and genetic information and gender identity or expression. Please visit http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf to view the "EEO is the Law" poster.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Blue Cross & Blue Shield of Rhode Island, 500 Exchange Street, Providence, Rhode Island, United States of America