Health Data Analyst
Extract and analyze health care data for specific studies and corporate initiatives, assisting with data intensive projects. Serve as a technical resource to department staff and management. Work with management of operational areas to assist them in accumulating data to meet their needs. Provide advice to management regarding effective techniques to analyze and report on data to display the most effective result.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
· Perform routine to moderately complex analysis and design for various business applications.
· Create reports and spreadsheets displaying data in a logical and concise manner.
· Develop procedures to enhance reporting and query capabilities to improve efficiency and accuracy.
· Maintain documentation of business specifications pertinent to the business requirements.
· Provide fundamental analytical support to the organization by developing and promoting consistent analytical methodologies.
· Design and model data extractions and provide comprehensive assessments of trends and data.
· Participate in department initiatives and projects.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education and Experience:
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Economics or related field; or an equivalent combination of education and experience
· Three to five years of health data analysis, business analysis, software application, database design, and technical documentation experience
· Successfully pass the Wolfe Spence Programmer Aptitude test
Preferred Education, Additional Qualifications and Experience:
· Knowledge of applied statistics
· Knowledge of econometric modeling
· HIAA certification
· Experience in the health insurance industry
Required Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities:
· Advanced analytical skills, with the ability to interpret and synthesize complex data sets
· Understanding of SAS programming, spreadsheet, and database software and other application development tools
· Good business acumen and political savvy
· Knowledge of business process improvement techniques and strategies
· Excellent verbal and written communications skills
· Negotiation skills
· Presentation skills
· Decision-making skills
· Good problem solving skills
· Ability to interface with employees at all levels
· Ability to effectively navigate ambiguous situations with limited direction
· Excellent organizational skills and ability to successfully prioritize multiple tasks
· Ability to handle multiple priorities/projects
The law requires an employer to post notices describing the Federal laws prohibiting job discrimination based on race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, equal pay, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, and genetic information and gender identity or expression. Please visit http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf to view the "EEO is the Law" poster.
- Pay Type Salary
- Blue Cross & Blue Shield of Rhode Island, 500 Exchange Street, Providence, Rhode Island, United States of America