Jewish Community Services (JCS) is a comprehensive human service agency that provides a broad range of services that meet the diverse, multi-dimensional needs of individuals and families throughout Central Maryland. Join our team of professionals as we work to create a community in which every person is able to achieve his or her highest quality of life and well-being.
Human Resources Manager
JCS is seeking a customer service-driven, passionate experienced Human Resources professional to join its team. This position reports directly to the Chief Administrative Officer and will work closely with agency director and lead the agency’s Human Resources team to support and develop a qualified, committed staff.
What you’ll do:
• Ensuring the effective day-to-day operations of Human Resource and people management functions.
• Managing recruiting for all JCS departments, which includes onboarding and new hire orientations and related trainings, as well as coaching hiring managers to effectively identify talent gaps, and partner on staffing plans.
• Ensuring an effective assimilation of new hires into the organization that corresponds with company standards, collaborating between HR, IT, Finance and Office Services to ensure seamless onboarding.
• Ensuring the prompt and thorough processing of all necessary fingerprinting and background checks.
• Providing guidance on employee relations issues including performance management, terminations, harassment/discrimination investigations and other policy related issues.
• Lead performance management administration including 90-day, six-month, and annual evaluation cycles as well as providing leadership to supervisory staff in documenting and managing staff performance.
• Creating and supporting proactive employee engagement programs that will increase retention/reduce turnover, including working with the Respectful Workplace Taskforce on recognition programs.
• Oversees compliance and risk management activities.
• Coordinating training programs for staff, including but not limited to, company policies and procedures, company benefits/open enrollment, legally required trainings, professional development, and continuing education.
• Maintaining the company’s HRIS system, including relevant updates on policies, procedures, benefits, and forms.
• Ensuring compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws including, but not limited to EEOC reporting, OSHA, FMLA, ADA compliance, etc.
• Nurturing a positive working environment; promote and model organizational values and behaviors
What you’ll bring:
• Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business, or related field is preferred.
• Successful track record in a Human Resources Manager or similar role, 3-5 years’ experience.
• Familiarity with social media, resume databases and professional networks.
• Hands-on experience with full-cycle recruiting using various interview techniques and evaluation methods.
• Experience with HRIS systems is required.
• Knowledge of MS Office is required.
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills is required.
• Ability to exercise discretion and confidentiality with sensitive information.
• Ability to effectively manage multiple deadlines and priorities.
• Ability to participate and collaborate in a team setting is required.
The PERKS Working Here:
Competitive Compensation + Comprehensive Benefit Plan + 401(k) Employer Match + Free Parking + Generous Paid Time Off & Holidays + Discounted Gym Membership + Professional Development Opportunities