Intramural Clerical Assistant
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Intramural Clerical Assistant will be responsible for assisting with clerical duties of the Intramural department. Intramural Clerical Assistant may also oversee assigned games to make sure the score and
time are accurate and that rules are followed and participant safety is maintained.
- Assist with the organization and scheduling of various sports leagues, tournaments, and special events.
- Assist with the scheduling of staff during sports leagues, tournaments, and special events.
- Record and update participation and league statistics on IM Leagues.
- Assist with scheduling ejection and other participant meetings.
- Assist with creating and printing forms and distributing reports (ex. Fusion lists).
- Communicate game information to other staff members and team captains.
- Attend all training sessions and demonstrate proficiency in understanding of sport rules and Intramural policies and procedures.
- Provide a friendly, upbeat, and customer service oriented environment at all times.
- Provide positive public relations, program promotion, and policy education to participants.
- Respond to emergency situations according to level of first responder training.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment for all Intramural participants.
- Assist with Intramural Attendant duties as needed (check in, score keep, input stats)
Other duties as assigned
Education, Work Experience Requirements and Abilities:
- Must be enrolled in or accepted to California State University, Fullerton
- Proficiency in relevant software applications, including MS Office.
- Organized and planning skills preferred.
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Must be able to maintain strict adherence to all policies and procedures.
- Attention to detail, accuracy, and organization.
- Time management skills and ability to prioritize work when tasked with multiple duties at once.
- Must possess excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Must be able to be on time and prepared to work and adhere to department dress code.
- Ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Know, apply, and enforce rules of each sport offered.
- Demonstrate the ability to help others adapt to new situations.
- Must be able to accept instruction/constructive criticism from supervisor.
- Must be able to recover from and continue to work successfully through disappointments, setbacks, or mistakes
Must be able to keep an accurate record of hours worked.
Typical Mental Requirements:
- Patience, concentration, and understanding for long periods of time
Typical Physical Requirements:
- Must be physically fit and able to work outdoors and stand for long periods of time.
- Must be able to safely carry and lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA, and other federal, state, and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA, and other federal, state, and local standards.
- Must obtain First Aid/CPR/AED Certification within 30 days of employment.
Required to be a Limited Mandatory Reporter and sign ASI Limited Mandatory Reporter Form.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Fullerton, CA, USA