Marketing -Communications Social Media Assistant
Under supervision of the Marketing Coordinator, the Communications/Social Media Assistant tracks and assists in the coordination, development, and execution of the marketing, public relations, social media, and promotional efforts for Associated Students, CSUF, Inc. and the Titan Student Centers. The Communications/Social Media Assistant must be a highly motivated, enthusiastic individual looking to gain experience in a variety of marketing and promotional events and campaigns.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serves as a member of the ASI Marketing, Communications, & Design (MCD) team.
- Assists the Marketing Coordinator in the writing, editing, and proofing all ASI marketing and communication efforts including: press releases, social media posts, newsletters, web pages, portal announcements, and client orders.
- Assists the Marketing Coordinator in the creation of content for ASI publications including the semester calendar, newsletters, handbills, and website content.
- Collaborates with the Marketing Coordinator to design and implement effective strategies for communications to ensure communications are properly executed
- Ensures communication messages are consistent across all social media platforms, website, and print materials.
- Assists the Marketing Coordinator in the development of a social media calendar (i.e., Buffer) based on client marketing requests and planned campaigns and provides content and analytics reports.
- Assists with research and analytics and interprets opportunities of local market segmentation, sizing, and insights that lead to increased involvement with ASI activities.
- Prepares metrics to evaluate ROI of marketing campaigns (levels of traffic – clicks and visit and other data) to help plan for future campaigns and strategies.
- Engages with followers on media (surveys, comments, direct messages, etc.) to increase engagement and follower count.
- Performs customer service, to include answering telephones, receiving packages, checking out approved marketing materials and deliveries.
- Attends various on-campus events (e.g., Welcome to CSUF Day, Days of Discovery, Orientation) to capture and create social media content.
- Assists with updating the electronic message boards and TVs in the TSU.
- Assists with special projects as assigned.
Education, Work Experience Requirements and Abilities:
- Must be enrolled student at California State University, Fullerton.
Experience in social network analytics
Experience using Buffer
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Understanding of social media platforms, ability to organize and analyze metrics and analytics.
- Must have strong writing and editing skills for content development and proofing of online and print marketing and public relations materials. Knowledge of APA style is preferred.
- Social media knowledge of latest trends and technologies in design, production, and social media platforms to effectively market ASI campaigns and initiatives.
- Must have strong computer skills, including a knowledge of Microsoft Office and social media platforms. Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, HTML, CSS, WordPress is a plus. Must have the ability to learn a variety of other programs for marketing purposes.
- Must have strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills including the ability to cultivate professional relationships on and off campus.
- Must have strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously while determining relative importance of each, setting deadlines, and completing projects accordingly.
- Must be able to work with, communicate, and interact effectively with others.
- Must be able to work with people from diverse backgrounds and interests.
- Must be able to be on time, prepared to work and adhere to department dress code.
- Must be able to keep an accurate record of hours worked by clocking in and out correctly.
Typical Physical Requirements:
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 35 lbs properly.
- Frequently required to sit, talk, listen, walk; manual dexterity and eye-hand coordination; corrected hearing and vision to normal range; clear verbal communication.
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Fullerton, CA, USA