Programs - Clerical Assistant III
Under minimal supervision, the clerical
assistant will provide clerical support to the Leader and Program Development department
and or the Executive office. This position is responsible for coordinating,
administering, and supporting a multitude of program areas operated by the
Associated Students. These responsibilities include the preparation and
distribution of agendas and minutes, administration of various programs and or
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Assist with scheduling and coordinating meetings and events.
Assist with administering department programs.
Prepare and process forms and paperwork.
Initiate, coordinate and process orders.
Assist with making travel arrangements.
Assist with general research related to department and specific programs.
Ensure customer service is conducted in a courteous and professional manner with students, visitors, and all other employees.
Perform receptionist’s duties including: answering telephones, taking and relaying of messages, scheduling meetings, distributing mail, processing inquiries.
Type memorandums, correspondence and reports.
Assist in maintaining filing system and online databases.
Assist in maintaining storage space.
Education, Work Experience Requirements and Abilities:
Must be a currently enrolled CSUF student.
Minimum one (1) year clerical experience required.
- Excellent computer proficiency (MS Office – Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Must be able to interact effectively with students, staff, and the general public in a professional and pleasant manner.
- Must have the ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds and interests.
- Must be able to work alone or as a team member.
- Must be multi-task oriented.
- Must have effective oral and written communication skills.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
- Must be self-motivated and able to work under minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a busy front office.
- Must be able to keep an accurate record of hours worked by clocking in and out correctly.
- Must be able to recover from and continue to work
successfully following disappointments, setbacks, or mistakes.
Must be able to be on time, prepared to work and adhere to department dress code.
Demonstrates good verbal and non-verbal communication skills.
Typical Physical Requirements:
Must be able to lift and carry up to 25 lbs.
Frequently required to sit, talk, listen and walk;
manual dexterity and eye-hand coordination; corrected hearing and vision to
normal range; clear verbal communication.
to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with
the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting
qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and
other federal, state and local standards.
*Required to be a Mandatory Reporter and sign ASI General Mandatory Reporter Form.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Fullerton, CA, USA