Aquatic Center Youth Programs Team Lead
The Aquatic Center's purpose is to provide high quality boating and safety programs through education, recreation and competition; and to bring regional and national recognition to Associated Students Inc., and Sacramento State, increasing the value of the students degree.
The Sacramento State Aquatic Center is a proud program of Associated Students, Inc. The Aquatic Center is a National Boating Instruction Safety Center located on beautiful Lake Natoma. The Aquatic Center offers a variety of classes, camps, facility reservations, team building, youth groups and equipment rentals. We are open to the general public.
The Aquatic Center offers the following activities: Sailing, Windsurfing, Standup Paddling, Kayaking, Canoeing, Outrigger Canoeing, Rowing, Water Skiing, Wakeboarding, and Jet Skiing.
The youth program team lead is responsible for program support and oversite and will be working in conjunction with the Youth Program Supervisor, and the Associate Director. Primary areas of responsibility may include water supervision for youth camps, WET beam building, youth groups and facility reservations. Supervision of youth instructors in the absence of the Youth Program Supervisor. Seasonal schedule will be based on a 40 hour week and may include some weekends.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work under the direct supervisor of the Youth Program Supervisor and Associate Director.
- Safely perform job duties
- Support all training and youth staff as needed. Support and supervise youth reservations and bookings. Oversee weekend youth groups as needed. Help continuously evaluate and make recommendations regarding operating practices and procedures, workflow, equipment and supply utilization in order to ensure smooth and efficient operations.
- Ensure proper staffing levels for scheduled youth programs and reservations.
- Ensure, enforce and help maintain Aquatic Center safety guideline and Aquatic Center polices to all Aquatic Center staff members. Provide support to all other Aquatic Center program areas.
- Provide support for a variety of special events (i.e. rowing regattas). This requires availability for overtime. Help with staffing and volunteers.
- Report evening and weekend situations and issues in writing, to the Associate Director, and Youth Program Supervisor.
- Assist Youth Program Supervisor in training new staff and evaluating staff performance.
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with staff, employees and public
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively with campus constituencies to serve a diverse customer population
- Must have thorough understanding of the Aquatic Center programs and class offerings and outreach as a whole
- Ability to teach in all boating areas
- Ability to appropriately use all power boats
- First Aid and C.P.R. certification (must be current)
- Ability to lift and move up to 50 pounds
- Ability to comply with ASI driving criteria and pass pre-employment and random drug screens
- Must be able to work in a variety of weather conditions and be prepared for both heat and cold
- Ability to maintain a Class B driver's license and meet ASI driving criteria
- General knowledge of Aquatic Center general operations
- Knowledge of windows-based personal computers - Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook
- 1 year of teaching and instructing boating activities instruction
- If a Sacramento State Student Enrolled in a minimum of 6 units at Sacramento State; maintain a minimum 2.0 GPA overall (for Student Assistant incumbents)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands to fingers, handle, feel, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear. The employee must:
- frequently, lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. (providing support on the docks, youth groups and summer camps)
- Must be able to climb, kneel, squat, reach overhead
WORK ENVIRONMENT (Choose one only)
- Combination working of working indoors and outdoors
- Outdoors exposed to rain, heat and cold temperature for 8+ hours a day
All Aquatic Center Staff must sign a Code of Conduct and Dress Code Agreement
“you’ll enjoy the experience” #LakeLife
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily after the candidate is offered a position with Associated Students, Inc. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current
Associated Students, Inc. employees who apply for the position.
Associated Students is a nonprofit corporation and an auxiliary organization of California State University, Sacramento providing a wide range of programs and services to the students of CSUS. Therefore, ASI employees are not state employees. www.asi.csus.edu
Associated Student Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories.
Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime
Statistics Act Statement
compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and
Campus Crime Statistics Act, California State University, Sacramento has made
crime statistics available on-line at www.csus.edu/police/cleryact.htm
- Pay Type Hourly
- Hiring Rate $17.00
- Job Start Date Monday, April 27, 2020
- 1901 Hazel Ave, Gold River, CA 95670, USA