Aquatic Center Front Office Customer Service Representative
The Aquatic Center's purpose is to provide high quality boating and safety programs through education, recreation and competition; and to bring regional and national recognition to Associated Students Inc., and Sacramento State, increasing the value of the students degree.
The Sacramento State Aquatic Center is a proud program of Associated Students, Inc. The Aquatic Center is a National Boating Instruction Safety Center located on beautiful Lake Natoma. The Aquatic Center offers a variety of classes, camps, facility reservations, team building, youth groups and equipment rentals. We are open to the general public.
The Aquatic Center offers the following activities: Sailing, Windsurfing, Standup Paddling, Kayaking, Canoeing, Outrigger Canoeing, Rowing, Water Skiing, Wakeboarding, and Jet Skiing.
The Front Office Customer Service Representative shall handle the daily operations at the front office of the Aquatic Center. Primary areas of responsibility are proficiency in “ParkPro” software, customer service and records management.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Learn and become proficient in “ParkPro” Recreational Software Program. Perform data entry and provide program/facility support.
• Manage all front office operations to include answering multi-line telephone and providing appropriate assistance to customers, vendors, officials, and staff. Assist customers in boat launch and facility and room set up. Retain and update organizational records.
• Compose, type, and proof read Aquatic Center documents and emails as needed.
• Schedule other part time staff for facility reservations, birthdays, youth groups and special events.
• Provide support for a variety of special events and help staff to schedule for these events.
• Other duties may be assigned.
• Exceptional customer service skills
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with staff, employees and public
• Good analytical and problem-solving skills
• Knowledge of data gathering techniques, such as library research or files analysis, to obtain technical and administrative materials for organizational use
• Knowledge of principles and practices of organization, planning, records management, research and general administration
• Ability to operate standard office equipment including but not limited to computers, copiers, calculators and facsimile machines
• Ability to follow oral and written instructions
• Ability to learn and know the Aquatic Center Program Schedule
• Knowledge of PC windows-based personal computers - Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook
• CPR and California Boating Safety Certificate (must have required certifications within three months of hire)
• Ability to lift and move up to 50 pounds
• Available to work weekends
• Aquatic/boating knowledge
• Currently be certified in CPR, First Aid and Lifeguard Training or Equivalent Red Cross Water Safety Class
• California Department of Boating & Waterways boating safety exam
All Aquatic Center Staff must sign a Code of Conduct and Dress Code Agreement
“you’ll enjoy the experience” #LakeLife
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily after the candidate is offered a position with Associated Students, Inc. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current
Associated Students, Inc. employees who apply for the position.
Associated Students is a nonprofit corporation and an auxiliary organization of California State University, Sacramento providing a wide range of programs and services to the students of CSUS. Therefore, ASI employees are not state employees. www.asi.csus.edu
Associated Student Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories.
Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime
Statistics Act Statement
compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and
Campus Crime Statistics Act, California State University, Sacramento has made
crime statistics available on-line at www.csus.edu/police/cleryact.htm
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $13.50
- Max Hiring Rate $14.00
- 1901 Hazel Ave, Gold River, CA 95670, USA