Summer 2020 Intern
Who You Are
You are a student pursuing a bachelor’s degree with an interest in learning the insurance and financial services industry. You are curious and eager to jump and start making an impact on lives. You’re competitive and curious, and you’re not just looking for a way to spend your summer, you’re looking for the potential for something longer term. You’re looking for a place to start a career, not just a step along the way. Sound like a fun summer? Keep reading.
Who We Are
Ash Brokerage is an insurance brokerage general agency (BGA). (Not to brag, but we’re actually the largest privately owned BGA in the country.) If you’re in the business, then you know how a BGA works. If you’re not, here goes: A BGA works with financial professionals who sell insurance, such as independent agents, financial planners or registered investment advisors. Those advisors come to us with information about their clients, then we check out multiple carriers and product options to help find the best solutions to fit their needs. That’s what we do in a nutshell … but, there’s so much more!
Yes, we’re in the insurance business, but we’re out to change the perception of what our industry does. Really, we’re less of a sales organization and more a partner to provide peace of mind. Our teams, whether we’re talking about Finance or Sales or IT, or anything in between, exist to make the insurance process easier for our colleagues, clients, and partners to focus on protecting the lives of others.
What You’ll Do
As an Ash Brokerage Intern you can expect to do real world work. We view our internship program as a strategic investment in talent, so we’re not going to have you spend time making copies and fetching coffee all summer. Our internships are, as best as possible, project-based with a clearly defined goal and deliverable. Historically our interns have:
- Worked on production level software used by our clients;
- Developed performance metrics and reports for a sales team;
- Made sales calls directly to advisors who do business with us;
- And there’s so many more example
This year we’re looking for interns in Sales, Inforce Policy Management, Creative Marketing, Client Experience, and Information Technology. If your interest lies outside of one of these functional areas, but you’re still interested in what we’re doing here, let’s talk anyway. We like taking talented individuals and matching them and their skills to an opportunity here.
At the end of the summer, you will present a summation of your summer’s work to senior leadership, and you’ll head back to school with some solid, real world experience. To be successful as an Ash Brokerage Intern, you will need to:
- Develop an understanding of your department and the role it plays in how business flows through Ash;
- Work with your leader, mentor, and team to understand the Ash story, our company and our processes;
- Have prior knowledge of, or an interest in learning about the insurance and financial services industry;
- Be curious and fearless. We’re going to ask you to jump in, and we’ll want your input and feedback.
What You Need
- Positive attitude, team spirit and consistent drive to provide industry-leading service (a requirement for everyone who works here!)
- Strong phone and computer skills
- Must be a currently enrolled student pursuing a Bachelor’s degree. We’re open on major, because we’re looking for critical and creative thinkers who are interested in doing great work;
- Must be entering your Sophomore, Junior, or Senior year upon completion of the internship
- Prior internship experience is a plus
- Must be able to be in Fort Wayne, Indiana for the duration of the internship
- Pay Type Hourly
- Employment Indicator Internship
- Fort Wayne, IN, USA