Regional Protection Consultant, South Texas
Who You Are
You are the CEO of your territory. You love developing relationships with your advisors and internal team, and it shows in your results. Your philosophy on sales isn’t that of filling orders in a queue, it’s that every person who comes to you deserves your time and your knowledge and expertise to make the best decision to fit their needs. You’re equal parts leader and educator for the advisors in your territory, because their success depends on how well you equip them to present Ash’s solutions to their clients. If this sounds like you, continue reading.
Who We Are
Ash Brokerage is an insurance brokerage general agency (BGA). (Not to brag, but we’re actually the largest privately owned BGA in the country.) If you’re in the business, then you know how a BGA works. If you’re not, here goes: A BGA works with financial professionals who sell insurance and annuity products, such as independent agents, financial planners or registered investment advisors. Those advisors come to us with information about their clients, then we check out multiple carriers and product options to help find the best solutions to fit their needs. That’s what we do in a nutshell … but, there’s so much more!
Yes, we’re in the insurance business, but we’re out to change the perception of what our industry does. Really, we’re less of a sales organization and more a partner to provide peace of mind. Relationships mean everything to us, and our Regional Protection Consultants are the front line to building and maintaining those relationships, and finding new ones. We take our responsibility to heart, knowing everything we do helps protect the lives of others. No matter the case, we’re always looking for ways to make life (insurance) easier for everyone involved.
What You’ll Do
Regional Protection Consultants are responsible for territory management, recruiting, revenue growth, brand recognition and protection, and professional etiquette. Simple enough, right? To successfully accomplish this, you will have to:
- Demonstrate an ability to drive revenue in their territory through effective territory management. Territory management includes the ability to cover the territory, maintain contact with our top producers, recruit new producers, and build revenue above the territory’s existing baseline premium and revenue levels. Management at a strategic and tactical level exists in a successful territory.
- Control revenue growth component through effective recruiting and retention of quality advisors, educating and motivating advisors to sell more complicated products, and controlling the product mix with high quality carriers. You need to follow a solutions-based model instead of a maintaining matrix-based selling mentality. Finding advisors that are capable and willing to sell our solutions to their clients requires constant prospecting and getting in front of the sales process.
- Adhere to Ash's brand standards in every aspect of your career. The Ash brand includes maintaining the Ash culture through teamwork, cross-selling, and professional sales skills. It is your responsibility to ensure that the advisors representing Ash are using carrier-approved materials and Ash-approved materials in their practices.
- Maintain a professional etiquette and manage yourself as if you owned the sales territory. This mentality encompasses your relationship with internal sales and operations staff, building your territory, and protecting the Ash reputation.
What You Need
- Knowledge of life insurance products, and product applications
- Must be a knowledgeable, creative professional who works well as part of a team. Must possess a positive, energetic attitude with the ability to develop relationships with all partners in our process. Must demonstrate a strong sense of urgency, enjoy working in a fast-paced environment, model team spirit and have a consistent drive to deliver industry-leading service.
- Must be able to work independently and in a team environment.
- Must be able to present in one-on-one and group settings.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and must be proficient in Microsoft Suite, social media/networking, and mobile device usage.
- Bachelor’s degree with major in business, finance, sales, or a related field, plus a minimum of 4 years of related experience and/or training.
- FINRA Series 6 and resident life insurance license required.
- CLU, CFP, and/or RICP professional designations are strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated success growing and managing an assigned territory.
- You can be located remotely, in territory, or at our home office in Fort Wayne, Indiana.
- Must be able to travel overnight up to 25% of the time.
- Pay Type Salary
- Fort Wayne, IN, USA
- Texas, USA