IT- Systems Administrator SSC
The IT Systems Administrator is responsible for installation/configuration,
operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related
infrastructure. Participates in technical research and development to enable
continuing innovation within the infrastructure. Ensures that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to organizational values.
This document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying the position.
· Manages incoming help desk requests, resolving all client PC usage problems in a positive, timely manner, following up with the customer to ensure completion and documenting all work in Service Desk.
· Prepares and maintains IT security documentation
· Responsible for supporting and maintaining client asset management including inventory,
updates, repairs, and replacements.
· Supports VoIP system administration related to employee moves/adds/changes.
· Supports backend client services including antivirus, user access, and network
· Supports client/server software applications in support of business processes. Trains
end users as required on system changes.
· Collaborates with IT team to support execution of application changes, ensuring compliance
and quality standards are part of deployment.
· Works to minimize downtime by performing preventive system maintenance.
· Supports third party applications that integrate with client/server software applications. (Microsoft Office, CATIA, AutoCAD, etc.)
· Perform backup operations for all security related equipment and event logs.
· Adhere to strict Information Systems security guidelines in all cases.
· Sets superior customer service example with a positive attitude and a sense of
urgency in responding to customer needs. Proactively anticipates and meets customer needs. Must be a self-starter with a high sense of accountability.
· Collaborates throughout the organization, seen as a trusted business partner in accomplishing work.
· Work independently and professionally to ensure the IT team is meeting business expectations.
· Work after hours and weekends as needed.
Required Skills, Education & Experience
Any combination of education and experience providing the required skill and knowledge for successful job performance will be considered. Typical qualifications would be:
Must have held a DoD security clearance in the past 2 years and be able to attain and maintain an active Secret clearance
- Must be familiarity with classified computing environments in one or more of the following; ICD-705, DoDIs 8500.01 & 8510.01, NIST SP 800-53, and Risk Management Framework (RMF)
- Must have a DoD 8570.01 Certification of IAT Level II Security+ CE or equivalent or attain certification within 6 months of hire
- Be able to secure systems using RMF framework and Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs) standards
- Bachelor's Degree Preferred.
- Technical certification required CompTIA Security + CE, CASP, CISSP or similar certification.
- Technical certification preferred. Microsoft, Cisco, CompTIA A+, Net+
- This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22.C.F.R. § is required
- 5+ years of experience in a desk side support role serving end users.
- 5+ years’ experience supporting Windows 10 desktop operating systems.
- 5+ years’ experience supporting Microsoft Office applications. Office 2016, 2019 etc.
- 5+ years’ experience using desktop imaging tools. (Windows Deployment Services, Acronis)
- 5+ years’ experience supporting enterprise Anti-Virus/Anti-Malware tools. (Agent Based tools, etc.)
- 5+ years’ experience supporting users with remote management tools.
- 5+ years’ experience supporting mobile devices. Apple/Android; MaaS360 MDM
- 5+ years’ experience supporting peripheral devices including wireless peripherals. Bar code scanners, printers, etc.
- Experience supporting CATIA is a plus.
- Experience supporting CNC machine controls is a plus.
- Experience supporting VeriSurf Laser tracking software is a plus.
Mostly between Santa Ana, CA and Irvine, CA with periodic site visits to Mexicali, MX as needed.
Working conditions described here are representative of those that may be experienced by an employee on a daily basis while performing the functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, employee may be exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes and airborne particles.
- The employee may be exposed to vibration.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- May be required to work OT, evenings and occasional weekends to meet department and business demands.
- Work with safe manufacturing processes and understanding that eyewear is mandatory in the manufacturing area.
- Knows that safety shoes are recommended in the manufacturing area.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Must be able to sit, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- Must be able to see, talk, hear, touch, feel and reach with hands and arms.
- Must be able to frequently walk & stand for short periods of time
- Must be able to lift and move up to 35 pounds, occasionally lift and move objects up to 50lbs.
Employment is contingent upon successfully passing an employee reference check, criminal background check, and drug screening.
This position requires use of information that is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S.Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder').
Ascent Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants on the basis of sex, race, religion, age, national origin, height, weight, marital status, familial status, veteran status, disability, pregnancy, and/or other category protected by law.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative.
Ascent Aerospace is a world renowned, single-source provider of production and automated assembly systems for the aerospace, defense and space industries. As the largest tooling group, Ascent produces full suite of both mold and assembly tooling required for the aerospace manufacturing market, including the largest invar molds ever made for aerospace. As an automation provider and production system integrator, Ascent work with customers to develop their project and see it through from process engineering, to build and installation to ensure it is an efficient and cost effective solution.
Ascent Aerospace – Inspiring the next generation of flight!
- Pay Type Salary
- Santa Ana, CA, USA