Composite Fab & Assembly - Composite Technician 3
Summary of Position
Under supervision, with detailed instruction and intermittent review, working in a manufacturing environment with a variety of agents, this position performs routine tasks in preparation for fabrication, curing, build-up and assembly of various types of composite materials. Responsible for participating in a driven, team oriented culture which embraces continuous improvement and ensures across the board operational and process excellence in all areas of Coast Composites.
This document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying the position.
· Works to shop travelers, templates, sample parts, process sheets and other authorized information.
· Assist in the preparation and fabrication of molds and forms.
· Mark and cut tape, woven material, adhesive and similar materials following templates, guides or specific dimensions and sequences following specific instruction.
· Route, drill, trim and sand to shop traveler.
· Vacuum bag parts for room temperature cure/de-bulk.
· Assist in the lay-up of composite materials to molds.
· With assistance, fit and smooth successive layers of materials as necessary to secure build-up free from wrinkles, air pockets and voids following directions and instructions.
· Prepare surface, contour shaping and sanding. Polish, de-burr, drill, ream, countersink and grind.
· Assist in the development of shop aids to facilitate fabrication, trimming and assembly as required.
· Check expiration dates of materials prior to use, prepare proper mixes of resins and catalysts. Maintain records as required.
· Support quality process by maintaining work area in an orderly condition by returning tools, equipment and material to storage areas.
· Responsible for observing all laws, regulations and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company.
· Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
· Expected to participate and develop under training from senior staff.
· Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
Required Skills, Education & Experience
Any combination of education and or experience providing the required skill and knowledge for successful job performance will be considered.
· 1 year manufacturing experience or comparable educational experience preferred.
· General manufacturing knowledge, skills and abilities preferred.
· Mechanically inclined is preferred.
· This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22.C.F.R. § is required
· Problem solving – the individual identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner and gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
· Interpersonal Skills – the individual maintains confidentiality, remains open to others’ ideas and exhibits willingness to try new things.
· Oral communication – the individual speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, demonstrates group presentation skills and conducts meetings.
· Written Communications – the individual edits work for spelling and grammar, presents numerical data effectively and is able to read and interpret written information.
· Quality Control – the individual demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and monitors own work to ensure quality.
· Adaptability – the individual adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
· Dependability – the individual is consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction and solicits feedback to improve performance.
· Safety and security – the individual actively promotes and personally observes safety and security procedures, and uses equipment and materials properly.
May be required to travel to other site locations.
Working conditions described here are representative of those that may be experienced by an employee on a daily basis while performing the functions of this job.
- The work environment is typical of a manufacturing setting where hazardous materials may be present.
- Will work in the manufacturing, fabrication and machine shop.
- The employee will occasionally work with caustic chemicals.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- May be required to work OT up to 12 hours and weekends to meet department and business demands.
- Work with safe manufacturing processes and understands PPE that is required in the manufacturing area.
- Knows the purpose and location of Material Safety Data Sheets
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Standing, walking, sitting, lifting, carrying, overhead reaching, all direction reaching, pushing, pulling, twisting, climbing, balancing, bending, crouching, squatting, simple grasping, crawling, and fine manipulation.
- Talking, hearing, vision, depth perception, color vision, field of vision.
- Must be able to frequently walk & stand for short periods of time.
- Must be able to lift and move up to 35 pounds, occasionally lift and move objects up to 40lbs.
Employment is contingent upon successfully passing an employee reference check, criminal background check, and drug screening.
This position requires use of information that is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder').
Ascent Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants on the basis of sex, race, religion, age, national origin, height, weight, marital status, familial status, veteran status, disability, pregnancy, and/or other category protected by law.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative.
Ascent Aerospace is a world renowned, single-source provider of production and automated assembly systems for the aerospace, defense and space industries. As the largest tooling group, Ascent produces a full suite of both mold and assembly tooling required for the aerospace manufacturing market, including the largest invar molds ever made for aerospace. As an automation provider and production system integrator, Ascent work with customers to develop their project and see it through from process engineering, to build and installation to ensure it is an efficient and cost effective solution.
Ascent Aerospace – Inspiring the next generation of flight!
- Pay Type Hourly
- Job Start Date Tuesday, February 18, 2020
- Santa Ana, CA, USA