Facilities and Maintenance - Shipping & Receiving Lead
Summary of Position
Responsible for assisting the department manager with all shipping and receiving operations, as well as training employees within the Shipping and Receiving department.
- Coach and train employees on shipping and receiving processes, software and procedures ensuring employees are properly cross trained
- Responsible for misc. pick-up and delivery as instructed by manager or purchasing department
- Packs and unpack service orders while maintaining department schedule
- Creates shipping paperwork for all outgoing shipments, manages logistics with customers
- Process orders on FedEx & UPS shipping systems
- Clean and package tooling properly to avoid rust, damage, etc. during transit
- Coordinate deliveries to customers on a daily basis, including boxing goods, addressing packages, and staying in contact with shipping companies
- Maintain the company shipping office & service area by cleaning, organizing, and labeling items in storage on a regular basis
- Keep records of goods that have been shipped and received
- Unpack and examine incoming shipments and correspond with shipper to rectify damages and shortages
- Receiving of goods in system, checking and validating for accuracy
- Handle incoming and outgoing shipments by checking them physically
- Oversee receiving function for facility
- Other tasks as assigned by management
Required Skills, Education & Experience
Any combination of education and experience providing the required skill and knowledge for successful job performance will be considered. Typical qualifications would be:
· Organizational Skills.
· Technical Capacity.
· Time Management.
· Strong written and verbal communication.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some projects may require more out-of-the-area and overnight travel.
Working conditions described here are representative of those that may be experienced by an employee on a daily basis while performing the functions of this job.
· While performing the duties of this job, employee may be exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes and airborne particles.
· Typically sits for extended periods at a computer workstation
· May access and work in the manufacturing plant
· The employee may be exposed to vibration.
· The employee is occasionally exposed to caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
· May be required to work weekends to meet department and business demands.
· Work with safe manufacturing processes and understanding that eyewear is mandatory in the manufacturing area.
· Knows that safety shoes are recommended in the manufacturing area.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Must be able to sit, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- Must be able to see, talk, hear, touch, feel and reach with hands and arms.
- Must be able to frequently walk & stand for short periods of time
- Must be able to lift and move up to 35 pounds, occasionally lift and move objects up to 50lbs.
Employment is contingent upon successfully passing an employee reference check, criminal background check, and drug screening.
This position requires use of information that is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder').
Ascent Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants on the basis of sex, race, religion, age, national origin, height, weight, marital status, familial status, veteran status, disability, pregnancy, and/or other category protected by law.
Ascent Aerospace is a world renowned, single-source provider of production and automated assembly systems for the aerospace, defense and space industries. As the largest tooling group, Ascent produces a full suite of both mold and assembly tooling required for the aerospace manufacturing market, including the largest invar molds ever made for aerospace. As an automation provider and production system integrator, Ascent work with customers to develop their project and see it through from process engineering, to build and installation to ensure it is an efficient and cost effective solution.
- Job Family MANUFACTURING
- Pay Type Hourly
- Required Education High School
- Macomb, MI 48042, USA