Plant EHS Manager
Summary of Position
The Environmental Health & Safety Manager leads the environmental, health and safety programs for the manufacturing facility, ensuring the successful delivery, implementation and administration of both site specific and corporate EHS policies, procedures and best practices while ensuring the organization is compliant with MIOSHA standards and regulations.
- Provide leadership in developing, implementing and managing Environmental, Health and Safety policies, procedures, programs and practices including but not limited to; managing and coordinating a variety of EH&S aspects while revitalizing the emphasis in EH&S approaches.
- Manage the development, planning and implementation of Ascent Aerospace’s’ health and safety policies and procedures across the organization; ensure all programs are in line with Ascent Corporate EHS policies.
- Monitor changes in legislation to keep abreast of any compliance needs.Ensure organization is compliant with all Federal, State and local EHS requirements.
- Support the facility in day to day safety management activities.Work closely with the management team and hourly workforce providing guidance and oversight of safe work practices.
- Create, prepare and maintain monthly health & safety KPIs.
- Create and administer formal inspection process focusing on unsafe conditions as well as unsafe acts. Reviews incident trends and adjusts programs focus accordingly. Drives all actions to timely completion and final closure.
Develop, provide, and continuously improve safety training programs that remain fresh and relative to EH&S initiatives. Ensure training documentation is maintained for all employees.
- Work closely with all departments to continually increase safety awareness and to drive lasting cultural changes to support a safety-first culture.
Responsible for Worker’s Comp case management, investigation, follow up and back to work process.
Conduct Safety Orientation with all newly hired employees
Conduct and oversee accident and near miss investigations and record keeping.
Evaluate and analyze injury trends.Implement programs and processes to address the type of injuries based on available data and trends.Evaluate root cause of injuries and near misses in order to address the reason incidents occur.
Required Skills, Education & Experience
Any combination of education and experience providing the required skill and knowledge for successful job performance will be considered.Typical qualifications would be:
Bachelor’s degree in Occupational Health & Safety or closely related field or related experience required.
5 or more years of EHS discipline work experience in a manufacturing environment.
Extensive knowledge and understanding of Federal, State and local EHS regulatory and other requirements.
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22.C.F.R. § is required
- Requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22.C.F.R. § is required
Ability to use analytical, conceptual and strategic thinking as appropriate.
Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint).
Excellent communication skills, both verbally and written
Detail oriented, logical, and methodological approach to problem-solving.
Demonstrated capability to interface and maintain effective relationships with all departments and employees in a team-oriented environment
Strong interpersonal skills.
Effective speaking and listening skills.
Attention to detail.
Ability to multitask in a fast paced environment.
Strong customer service skills.
Should exhibit high levels of professionalism.
Ethical conduct with a high regard for confidential information.
Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
Ability to think independently and problem solve.
PC/MS Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point) proficient.
Occasional travel may be required to other Ascent locations in Michigan.
Working conditions described here are representative of those that may be experienced by an employee on a daily basis while performing the functions of this job.
- Typically sits for extended periods at a computer workstation
- May access and work in the manufacturing plant
- While performing the duties of this job, employee may be exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes and airborne particles
- The employee may be exposed to vibration
- The employee is occasionally exposed to caustic chemicals.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
- May be required to work weekends to meet department and business demands
- Work with safe manufacturing processes and understand that eyewear is mandatory in the manufacturing area.
- Knows that safety shoes are recommended in the manufacturing area
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Must be able to sit, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
Must be able to see, talk, hear, touch, feel and reach with hands and arms.
Must be able to frequently walk & stand for short periods of time
Must be able to lift and move up to 10 pounds, occasionally lift and move objects up to 35lbs.
Employment is contingent upon successfully passing an employee reference check, criminal background check, and drug screening.
This position requires use of information that is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder').
Ascent Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants on the basis of sex, race, religion, age, national origin, height, weight, marital status, familial status, veteran status, disability, pregnancy, and/or other category protected by law.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative.
Ascent Aerospace is a world renowned, single-source provider of production and automated assembly systems for the aerospace, defense and space industries.As the largest tooling group, Ascent produces a full suite of both mold and assembly tooling required for the aerospace manufacturing market, including the largest invar molds ever made for aerospace.As an automation provider and production system integrator, Ascent work with customers to develop their project and see it through from process engineering, to build and installation to ensure it is an efficient and cost effective solution.
Ascent Aerospace – Inspiring the next generation of flight!
- Job Family EHS
- Pay Type Salary
- Travel Required No
- Santa Ana, CA, USA