I. JOB SUMMARY
Under the direction of the Director, performs a wide range of functions necessary to support the Meetings & Travel Department staff in carrying out their responsibilities.
II. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
• Contract routing, processing and tracking. Ensuring all contracts are routed as soon as received. When signed contracts are returned, send the contract for counter signature to the hotel, then send a fully executed contract to legal and save on the shared drive.
• Develops draft contracts for OMED overflow hotels and other meetings
• Invoice routing, processing, and payment tracking for meetings
• Registration coordination and logistical support for OMED and Annual Meeting with vendor and Director.
• Provides onsite meeting support at OMED and Annual Meeting and other smaller associations.
• Coordinates meeting logistics from start to finish for committee meetings and other small association meetings.
• Coordinates shipments for all meetings and other support as needed
• Ability to travel to OMED, Annual Meeting, Cluster Meetings as well as other meetings as needed
JOB DUTIES (in depth)
The following description of job responsibilities and standards is intended to reflect the major responsibilities and duties of the job, but is not intended to describe minor duties or other responsibilities as may be assigned from time to time.
A. Comprehensive strategic meeting management for the small meetings listed below. This includes investigating location, hotel contracting, housing coordination, registration (as needed), creating master schedule, coordinating meeting space, food & beverage orders, audio-visual, and meeting space setup. Inter-departmental collaboration to ensure all meeting requirements are met. Serves as liaison with hotel, onsite meeting management, track expenses to ensure planning falls within budget. Reconciles invoices post event, collects post event reports to build and keep history for all meetings. Weekend and evening work required.
• Association Cluster Meetings
• Any other smaller meetings as assigned by Director or Associate Vice President
B. Annual Business Meeting/House of Delegates Meeting:
• Coordinates registration with outside vendor and Director
• Oversees the Page program
• Provides logistical support as needed by team
• Invoice reconciliation
• Coordinates registration with vendor and Director
• Reconciles overflow hotel invoices and other invoices as assigned by Director.
• Onsite coordination of the headquarter hotel activities to include: room checks for all AOA and Affiliate functions, daily bill review, organization of invoices for quick post event reconciliation, and any other activities that support the headquarters hotel.
• Support other areas as assigned by Director or Associate Vice President.
III. OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES
IV. MINIMUM QUALIFICATION OR EXPERIENCE
Education: College degree in hospitality preferred
Experience: 1-3 years meeting planning or hospitality graduate
Licensure or Certification: N/A
V. SPECIAL SKILLS/EQUIPMENT
Meeting planning experience. Computer experience with Microsoft Office with high proficiency in Word and Excel. Extensive Excel spreadsheet skills a must to adequately perform duties. Time and Project Management skills. Customer Service Skills on the phone and in person. Ability to work in a fast paced environment and work on multiple projects.
- Pay Type Salary
- Travel Required Yes
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- Chicago, 142 E Ontario St, Chicago, Illinois, United States of America