I. JOB SUMMARY
The AOA Logistics Manager is responsible for managing the mail room, mail and package delivery, and all mail room logistics. This position will oversee room set-up for large meetings and logistical needs for the organization.
II. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
• Manages all aspects of incoming and outgoing mail daily.
• Manages all incoming and outgoing UPS shipments daily.
• Manages all aspects of vendor relations impacting logistics area(s)
• Coordinates all small furniture moves upon request.
• Addresses all service requests within 24 hours.
• Conducts Xerox copying, binder making, and large scale printing orders upon request.
• Conducts daily rounds throughout organization to take stock of supplies and ensure inventory needs are met timely and maintained. Orders supplies pertinent to the mail room and ensures kitchens are stocked weekly.
• Maintains knowledge of mail machines and scales.
• Provides routine maintenance of machines and has the ability to troubleshoot machines prior to calling vendors.
• Processes outgoing mail for post office pick-up in accordance with departmental procedure and time frames.
• Participates in general HR projects under the leadership of Director of Human Resources that align with top priorities.
• Coordinates and handles shredding and purge management as needed by the AOA.
• Set up and manage shipment of materials to AOA and affiliate organizations conferences throughout the year
• Order Business cards and stationary for the organization.
• Manage the 3rd floor storage area; Track items being added or removed from storage area: Maintain organization of the storage area
• Processes department mail when real-time filing by HR personnel is not possible.
• Orders supplies for HR department as needed
• Assists with filing of HR related documents and assists with HR coverage at times that don’t conflict with mail room responsibilities or as needed.
• Excellent interpersonal skills are necessary to maintain quality relations with co-workers, other departments, visitors, and prospective candidates.
• Demonstrated ability to take instructions from various staff.
• Maintains knowledge of placement of employees/departments to accurately distribute mail as evidenced by lack of misplaced mail.
• Demonstrates a service excellence standard for all internal and external customers.
• Organizes the mail/copy room to ensure efficiencies are met.
• Ability to keep employee information confidential.
• Other duties as assigned.
III. MINIMUM QUALIFICATION OR EXPERIENCE
Education: Associate’s degree
Experience: 1-3 years of experience managing operations in a mailroom.
Licensure or Certification: n/a
Special skills: Ability to utilize Pitney Bowes machine, UPS Online, Erequester, package tying machine, folding machine, knife, personal computer, fax machine, copy, and biding machine
IV. PHYSICAL, MENTAL DEMANDS/WORKING ENVIRONMENT
This position requires the ability to work out of the office locally (up to 5%) and out of state (up to 10%). This work may include weekday and weekend travel. Extended workday hours may be necessary around major meetings and other high-volume work periods.
Physical requirements include the ability to remain in a stationary position, the ability to move supplies and equipment up to 25 pounds and the ability to operate office equipment.
V. EVALUATION AND ASSESSMENT
This position description reflects the assignment of essential functions. It does not restrict additional tasks that may be assigned. This job description is subject to change based on the needs of the organization.
- Pay Type Salary
- Travel Required No
- Required Education Associate Degree
- Chicago, 142 E Ontario St, Chicago, Illinois, United States of America