Marketing Communications Manager
I. JOB SUMMARY
The Manager, Brand Marketing serves as a marketing consultant to business units within the organization, to help develop and execute marketing plans that increase awareness and usage of AOA products and services. He/she will collaborate with Department of Communications colleagues to execute integrated, multi-channel campaigns that promote AOA membership, board certification and events to key audiences, and will track and evaluate campaign effectiveness. This role reports to the Director of Brand Marketing.
II. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
• Works with assigned AOA departments to determine marketing needs based on business goals.
• Develops tactical marketing plans using objectives, strategies, tactics and measures.
• Utilizes project management skills to successfully execute projects on time and on/under budget.
• Measures and reports impact of marketing efforts to drive engagement, improvements.
• Coordinates with Department of Communication colleagues to complete all elements of plan/project – copywriting, photography, multi-media design, digital/social content – and maximize impact across all channels.
• Helps write and edit copy for all marketing materials/channels.
• Ensures compliance with brand standards in all marketing communication channels. Obtains necessary approvals.
• Stays current on industry (marketing, social, email marketing, association, healthcare) trends and uses information to make improvements and/or editorial recommendations. Shares best practices.
Other duties as assigned may include but are not limited to:
• Overseeing AOA email marketing calendar and optimizing campaign effectiveness
• Management of AOA e-newsletter advertising and content
• Marketing and support for AOA events
• Annual Osteopathic Medicine Professional (OMP) Report
• AOA Annual Report
• Managing paid social media campaigns
III. MINIMUM QUALIFICATION OR EXPERIENCE
Education: BA in marketing, communications or related field
Experience: 7+ years progressive marketing experience. Association and/or healthcare experience preferred.
IV. SPECIAL SKILLS/EQUIPMENT
• Expertise with CRM and e-mail marketing tools
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Word, PowerPoint and Excel
• Knowledge of HMTL a plus
• Experience developing/implementing marketing plans & integrated campaigns
• Excellent project management skills, ability to multitask and prioritize, attention to detail
• Strong problem solving skills
• Strong verbal and written communication skills, knowledge of AP style
• Team-oriented with strong relationship building skills
• Budget management skills
V. PHYSICAL, MENTAL DEMANDS/WORKING ENVIRONMENT
Requires about 10 days of out-of-town travel annually. Extended work hours may be necessary
around major meetings and other high-volume work periods.
- Pay Type Salary
- Travel Required Yes
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- Chicago, 142 E Ontario St, Chicago, Illinois, United States of America