Graphic Design Manager
I. JOB SUMMARY
The Graphic Design Manager is the driving force behind the visual brand identity of the American Osteopathic Association, and is responsible for concept development and design execution of integrated marketing campaigns to promote AOA products and services. Requirements include applying brand guidelines across the organization to ensure visual consistency across channels and collaborating with departments to create effective/impactful visuals for print and digital channels (email, web, social, video) that support the brand. Experience working in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment is a requirement.
II. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
• Design a variety of creative projects from concept to execution to support marketing of AOA services and programs. This includes marketing collateral such as print and digital ads, emails, infographics, brochures, reports, animated gifs, conference logo/signage, presentation templates, and social media images.
• Support content marketing with visually compelling design to effectively tell AOA’s brand story.
• Direct video and photo shoots as needed. Responsible for selection of images/visuals for all marketing materials.
• Oversee projects from concept to production on budget and on time.
III. MINIMUM QUALIFICATION OR EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s degree in graphic design or visual communications, or a related field
• 7+ years of experience
• Proven track record of success working with marketing clients (in-house or agency)
• Independent, flexible and able to work in fast-paced, team-centered environment
• Excellent project and time management skills, detail-oriented
• Ability to translate ideas and incorporate feedback from multiple sources
• Ideal candidates will have experience marketing to physicians or in the healthcare industry
IV. SPECIAL SKILLS/EQUIPMENT
• Expert understanding of design principles, including layout, typography, illustration and color theory.
• Demonstrated expertise in brand management.
• Deep understanding of designing for both print and digital, especially email.
• Solid understanding of print production workflows.
• Knowledge of photography, photo selection and manipulation.
• Proficiency with HTML and CSS. More advanced web coding skills are a plus.
• Expertise in Adobe Creative Cloud (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop), PowerPoint.
• Experience in video and animation, using Adobe Premiere and Adobe After Effects.
• Experience with maintaining positive relationships with outside vendors, clients, and others.
• Exposure to the healthcare and/or association industry a plus.
V. PHYSICAL, MENTAL DEMANDS/WORKING ENVIRONMENT
Extended work hours may be necessary around major meetings and other high-volume work periods.
- Pay Type Salary
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- Chicago, 142 E Ontario St, Chicago, Illinois, United States of America