Sales - Direct - Field Sales Representative
ABC-CLIO is looking for a customer-focused sales professional with a passion for education. Reporting to the Vice President, Sales, the Field Sales Representative (FSR) is responsible for growing our customer base within a defined territory. You will own your territory, managing the entire sales cycle and customer relationships.
ABC-CLIO products help students build critical thinking skills that prepare them for life beyond the classroom. You will partner with educational leaders at schools and districts to bring these resources to students and teachers throughout your territory.
This position is focused on building new customer relationships and includes a generous compensation plan that rewards growth.
- Prospecting – open new business opportunities through direct contact with districts and schools
- Needs Assessment – identifying customers’ needs and match to ABC-CLIO products
- Product Presentations & Proposals – prepare and deliver sales presentations and proposals
- Reporting – track activity and opportunities in the company CRM, including maintaining accurate pipeline reports s at ABC-CLIO on delivery
- Travel – flexibility to travel approximately 50% of your time, including extensive travel throughout your territory and some travel to national conferences
- Market & Product Knowledge – Develop and maintain strong understanding of educational needs and trends and how ABC-CLIO and its competitors are positioned in the market
- 2+ years in district-level K12 sales or as an educator (teacher, librarian, or administrator)
- College degree or equivalent experience
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work cross-functionally with other ABC-CLIO teams
- Strong organizational skills
ABC-CLIO seeks individuals who thrive in a collaborative, collegial, and challenging work environment that rewards initiative, critical thinking, and collective problem solving. We promote creative engagement, the desire to make a difference in our industry and professions, and the pursuit of knowledge and lifelong learning.
Position is full-time. We offer generous benefits including medical/dental/vision, paid vacation, sick leave and holiday pay. Apply online on our Careers page at www.abc-clio.com.
- Pay Type Salary
- Travel Required Yes
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree