We’re looking for amazing people! Come join VHDA as a Mortgage Generalist.
This important role will perform a variety of duties to support the Homeownership Division with the efficient review and processing of loans. This position will rotate on an as needed basis to provide continuous support for Originations and Servicing department operations.
Responsibilities will include:
- Providing administrative support to include, filing, copying, scanning, sorting and distributing mail;
- Reviewing new loan files to verify accuracy and completeness in accordance with loan program guidelines;
- Conducting internal audits of loan files to ensure compliance with applicable federal and state regulations;
- Ensuring data integrity by accurately inputting and maintaining loan information in the mortgage loan origination and loan servicing systems;
- Assigning loan files for review to underwriters and quality review analysts using established guidelines;
- Researching and responding to inquiries from borrowers, vendors and third-party servicers in a timely, courteous and professional manner.
Qualified candidates must possess:
- Associate’s degree or equivalent vocational/technical training or work experience;
- Knowledge of mortgage and loan servicing;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite products;
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable with good analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Excellent written and verbal communication and organizational skills;
- Great time management skills and the ability to move from one function to another seamlessly.
Preferred experience includes:
- Familiarity with housing organizations, state and local governments;
- Experience using mortgage loan origination and loan servicing software;
- Experience using the eDocs imaging system or a comparable system.
VHDA is one of the nation’s premier housing finance organizations. Our mission is to help Virginians attain quality, affordable housing, which we accomplish through our public-private partnerships.
We are focused on employee engagement and committed to a healthy and diverse workforce. We offer on-site conveniences such as a cafeteria, fitness center, and free parking. Educational opportunities to help your advancement are available through classroom and online programs.
Applications and resumes are accepted online only at: http://www.vhda.com/careers.
This position will close at midnight on Tuesday, March 31, 2020.
Hiring Range $39,208 - $50,968
Background and credit checks will be performed as a condition of employment.
- EOE -
- Pay Type Salary
- Min Hiring Rate $39,208.00
- Max Hiring Rate $50,968.00
- Richmond, VA, USA