Legal Intern - Summer 2020
Join VHDA’s Legal Division this Summer as a Legal Intern! You will gain exceptional, hands-on experience in legal matters relevant to corporate procurement, enterprise risk, affordable housing transactions, bonds and the application of relevant laws and regulations. You will have the opportunity to work alongside a team of in-house counsel on most aspects of VHDA’s mission.
As VHDA’s Summer Intern you will:
• Work at the direction of Chief Counsel and the Legal team.
• Be responsible for specific assignments in each of the following categories: multi-family lending, single family lending, risk management, procurement, and bonds.
• Currently enrolled 1L.
• GPA of 2.5 or higher.
• Excellent legal research, analysis, communication and writing skills.
quick learner with the ability to master new topics.
• Completed coursework in contracts and real property is a plus.
This internship duration will be May 2020-August 2020 and is a paid position. Please note we do not provide housing.
Interested? Applications and resumes are accepted online only at http://www.vhda.com/careers.
VHDA is one of the nation’s premier housing finance organizations. Our mission is to help Virginians attain quality, affordable housing, which we accomplish through lending programs, grants, and public-private partnerships.
We are focused on employee engagement and committed to a healthy and diverse workforce. We offer on-site conveniences such as a cafeteria, fitness center, and free parking.
This position will close at midnight on 3/31/2020.
Background and credit checks will be performed as a condition of employment.
- EOE -
- Pay Type Hourly
- Employment Indicator Internship
- Richmond, VA, USA