Senior Fund Accountant - PFS
Columbus, OH, USA
Monday, January 6, 2020
The Private Equity Senior Accountant will be responsible for properly booking accounting transactions for various alternative investment vehicles throughout the reporting cycle.
• Prepare cash and portfolio reconciliations and income and expense accruals.
• Enter investment transactions into accounting software daily, weekly or monthly depending on client needs.
• Prepare periodic deliverables as the client contract specifies.
• Ensure investor allocations and fee calculations are accurate.
• Maintain the general ledger and various sub-ledgers.
• Manage and monitor the timing and quality of client deliverables.
• Provide technical accounting/industry knowledge to clients.
• Prepare call or distribution work papers.
• Prepare waterfall and management fee calculations in accordance with the fund’s legal documents.
• Prepare and review the funds IRRs calculations.
• Review own work and the work of others for thoroughness, accuracy and adherence to GAAP, Fund terms and Ultimus procedures.
• Seek efficiencies and enhancements to current processes and procedures.
• Helping train other associates.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance. CPA a plus.
• 3+ years of experience in the financial services industry with a focus alternative investment funds – private equity knowledge a plus.
• Knowledge of US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and other comprehensive basis of accounting, with an emphasis on alternative investment partnerships
• Need to have the ability to balance multiple tasks and handle high pressure deadlines.
• A dedication to quality and timeliness
• Strong leadership skills
Ultimus Leverpoint is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of the applicant’s or employee’s race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, citizenship or any other status entitled to protection under federal, state or local anti-discrimination laws. No questions on our employment application are intended to secure information that is to be used for impermissible purposes.