Channel Portfolio Specialist
This position is solely responsible maintaining our existing merchant base to drive growth. Management and retention of merchants is achieved through relationship management for strategic accounts which may include developing new business opportunities and maintaining and retaining current profitable business relationships. These accounts will increase revenue for SPS division. In addition, this role is responsible for providing support/assistance to ERP sales leaders through add-on sales, demos, upgrades to existing accounts, or migration to additional products/services while delivering an extraordinary customer experience.
Key accountabilities & decision ownership:
1. Management and Retention Efforts: Lead retention efforts to maintain or increase volume retention across the Paya portfolio
· During customer escalation or save opportunity, develop and maintain relationships within the Merchant’s business.
· Handle high-volume and seasonal portfolios with over$100k in monthly volume in negotiating with merchants on contract renewals, pricing changes and delivery of new services in an effort to renew and/or strengthen the bond between Paya and the Merchant.
· Provide frontline resolutions for handling escalated calls, written/email inquiries and ticket queue escalations.
· Possess sufficient knowledge of Merchant business practices to provide consultative suggestions for improvements and best processing practices.
· Maintain client base and corresponding retention volume through a proper processing analysis, negotiation of rates/fees and any Paya products/services that increase the loyalty of Paya and our core products and services.
· Foster exceptional working relationships across internal departments (Technical Operations, Merchant Support
and Service, Product Management, etc) in order to deliver a positive customer experience and understand
products/services available to retain and renew merchants.
Paya is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
- Pay Type Salary
- Reston, VA, USA